starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: quetiapine and training

Default quetiapine and training

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Is there anyway quetiapine might affect training? I'm on a small dose of it, 25-50mg at most and have noticed no ill effects but this stuff improves my sleep quality ten fold (that's not the main reason I'm on it). Also as a secondary question, is quality sleep that is attained via medication as valuable for training as 'natural' quality sleep?

Quote Originally Posted by synnfusion View Post
    Is there anyway quetiapine might affect training? I'm on a small dose of it, 25-50mg at most and have noticed no ill effects but this stuff improves my sleep quality ten fold (that's not the main reason I'm on it). Also as a secondary question, is quality sleep that is attained via medication as valuable for training as 'natural' quality sleep?
    So to the first question, if you're not noticing any ill-effects from the medication then no, there are no possible negative side effects from quetiapine on training.

To your second question, different medications do different things to sleep architecture so it's hard to make a general statement on that.

Awesome, thanks. As a more specific case of my second question, how about sleep and specifically quetiapine?

Awesome, thanks. As a more specific case of my second question, how about sleep and specifically quetiapine?
    Again, if you're not noticing any specific sleep issues on quetiapine then there's nothing really to discuss here. It's hard because I would hate to invent a potential symptom by just talking about it unnecessarily so.

I would hate to invent a potential symptom by just talking about it unnecessarily so.
    But isn't that what the internet is for?

Quote Originally Posted by elderwanda View Post
    But isn't that what the internet is for?
    Seemingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    Again, if you're not noticing any specific sleep issues on quetiapine then there's nothing really to discuss here. It's hard because I would hate to invent a potential symptom by just talking about it unnecessarily so.
    Say no to Nocebo!!!

I guess I'm just obsessing too much and feeling like the good sleep I'm getting as a side effect of medication is somehow cheating and that the sleep gods won't give me the recovery benefits that natural sleep would provide.

That is an extremely low dose of Quetiapine. You'll be fine.

starting strength coach development program
    I guess I'm just obsessing too much and feeling like the good sleep I'm getting as a side effect of medication is somehow cheating and that the sleep gods won't give me the recovery benefits that natural sleep would provide.
    Yea, I wouldn't obsess over it. There are far more important things to use bandwidth for

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Baraki View Post
    That is an extremely low dose of Quetiapine. You'll be fine.
    This is also true, though to be fair the medication is increasingly histaminergic at lower doses too. In any event, I agree he will be fine!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast