Default Question on Rows, Power Cleans, Jerks on Light Day

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Currently my pulling week looks like this:

Heavy: Deadlift 1x5 440, Chins
    Light: BB Row 3x5 250
    Medium: RDL 3x5 375, Pullups

Last week I got a very minor tweak in my lat during my last set of rows, so this week I replaced them with power cleans which didn't bother my lat at all. I haven't done them in a while, so I only hit 200lbs for 3x3.

I like powers, they're fun... I'd like to add them back into my sessions on light days. If I do, would it make sense to keep maybe one or two heavy sets of 5 on BB Rows in the mix? Or would I just move BB Rows to Medium day for something like 3x8?

Secondly - I really like doing Jerks. I'm terrible at them and I'd like to get better, but not at the expense of my other lifts. Bench and Press just busted through a plateau and are exploding higher right now, so not trying to fuck with the program too much.

Thoughts? I'm trying to be careful with programming right now because I'm right in the meat of this LP and making huge strides in all of my lifts.

Brent Carter is offline Owner, Starting Strength Dallas
    Starting Strength Coach

You would just replace the barbell row with the powerclean.

If it's working then don't mess with it. The jerk is a lift that is practiced. You would likely need an additional training day for technique work. Having a coach would also be helpful.