starting strength gym

Thread: Audio: Female Lifters -- Neuromuscular Efficiency

Default Audio: Female Lifters -- Neuromuscular Efficiency

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

Dear Coach Rippetoe,

I found this last podcast very interesting about the particularities of women in lifting weights. After reading the corresponding article and having learned a lot from his observations, the following question has arisen.
    Taking into account the planning of the training that you formulate in your book Starting Strength 3rd edition, and what is explineded in this article, would you consider performing the exercises in the following way?
    For men:
    -Squat, press and bench press: 3x5RM
    -Deadlift: 1x5RM
    -Power clean: 5x3RM
    For women:
    -Squat, press and bench press: 5x3RM
    -Deadlift: 1x3RM
    -Power clean: 5x3RM
    In this article, you explain that women can do deadlift more often than men. So, could they do more than one set in a training session?

Receive a cordial greeting

Sets across are not performed to RM-level intensity, since that cannot be done for sets across. And the changes you suggest have been incorporated into our programs for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Sets across are not performed to RM-level intensity, since that cannot be done for sets across. And the changes you suggest have been incorporated into our programs for quite some time.
    Hello. My sister and girlfriend have been following the programming of starting strength and practical programming- where are the details of the changes to more deadlifting? I only picked up on this recently and so my girlfriend has this week to deadlifting on Monday and Friday on texas method (still only for 1 set each day) while I stay on a lighter pull for volume on Monday (couple sets of stiff leg) and a heavy deadlift set on Friday we both powerclean and powersnatch on Wednesdays). My sister is also on Texas method at the moment, but I've not spoken to her this week- she last said Texas method was working well and she is just deadlifting 1 heavy set a week on a Monday with powersnatches on a Wednesday and powercleans on a Friday. My sister has only recently moved from linear progression whereas my girlfriend has been on intermediate programming for some time.

Should I get my sister to change her programming to incorporate more deadlifting? Is my girlfriends changes in line with the revised advise? the gap between her squat and deadlift has closed, so she was pleased to get some extra deadlifting in.

starting strength coach development program
    Apologies. I re-read the chapter an special populations (of which women aren't one). And it clearly says that women can handle more volume on deadlift and one example has deadlift down as 1 set and 2 back offs, another as 3 sets and another as 4 sets (from memory) all as the volume stimulus. I discussed it with my girlfriend and apparently she was doing 1 set and 2 back offs originally and I've forgotten. She said she had too much lower back fatigue and switched back to one set, but now to try and get her deadlift/squat margin bigger she will try a single set on volume day and intensity day. I'll invite my sister to read the chapter in practical programming (I got her both books for Christmas but she's failed to read either- saying its easier just to ask me- well clearly not since I failed to recall those details myself.)

I might ask for those books back since I only have the kindle version and she isn't appreciating the fact she has in her possession finest books on strength training. And I'm not buying any more copies. Bought SS 4 times and PP twice now.