starting strength gym

Thread: Job interfering with lift days

Default Job interfering with lift days

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Mr Rippetoe, i am a fire fighter.... and at work we have a poor excuse of a weight room consisting of a smith machine and a few dumbbells going to 70lbs, a standard barbell and some free weights. I recently began starting strength, and because of the lack of proper equipment to do squats... I was wondering if 1 day of lifting and then 2 days off would be sufficient. I work A-shift, so if I lift on B-shift and take A and C shifts off, then back at it again on B shift... would that hinder my progress. I could probably lift 2 days in a row... but then run a risk of over training. Thank you for your time.
    -Seth

It may be that your training will have to take place somewhere other than the fire station, and that you'll have to schedule your workouts as close to every other day as possible, meaning that there will be morning workouts and late evening workouts to get close to 48-hour rests.

Thanks Mr. Rippetoe, I work out in a gym here in Myrtle Beach, so I have access to all the things I need. Its just with my work schedule always rotating and the lack of equipment at the fire house, it would be hard for me to do Mon, Wed, Fri. I dont know why I didnt think of am and pm workouts, thanks for setting me straight. Your book by the way, is phenominal. And I enjoy this "eat everything" stuff. Take care Mr. Rippetoe