starting strength gym

Thread: The Impact of Sex on Strength Training in Adults With CV Disease | SS Radio #149

Default The Impact of Sex on Strength Training in Adults With CV Disease | SS Radio #149

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024

Rip and Dr. Abeel Mangi discuss Mangi's recent paper on the outcomes of treatment for CVD and their correlation with sex and muscle mass.

2:06 About Dr. Mangi’s Paper
    10:55 The Missing Link Is Strength
    15:55 Fighting The Effects Of Aging
    26:12 Anabolic And Catabolic
    41:23 A Study On Open Heart Surgery And Strength Training

I tried to google the paper you discussed in this episode, but had no success. Can you provide a link to the paper? I would like to share this with some people who need to read it. Thank you.

Did you find the abstract?

It's literally the first result on Google if you search the name of the paper and "Abeel Mangi"
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

It's literally on the Starting Strength website, posted as one of the resources. This very website.

I'll admit that I got the wrong impression of what this podcast was about when I skimmed over the title, definitely had to read it a second time.

Very informative, it's comforting to know that there are Dr's out there that aren't so rigidly dogmatic and risk averse.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    I'll admit that I got the wrong impression of what this podcast was about when I skimmed over the title, definitely had to read it a second time.

Very informative, it's comforting to know that there are Dr's out there that aren't so rigidly dogmatic and risk averse.
    I did as well.

With respect to training, sex is kind of like the seafood diet. If you see a potential for sex, you do it.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

The world has gone so mad that I can't help but feel grateful whenever somebody doesn't use the g-word when they actually mean "sex".

Quote Originally Posted by tiny&mighty View Post
    The world has gone so mad that I can't help but feel grateful whenever somebody doesn't use the g-word when they actually mean "sex".
    G word?

starting strength coach development program
    Gender. A linguistics term that has replaced "sex" for reasons that must have something to do with "fucking each other."