starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Single Malt Whisky

Default Single Malt Whisky

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I know this has nothing to do with strength training, aside from perhaps the noted heart-health benefits of one-to-two drinks per day, however . . . I found allusions in some of your posts to you being a single malt Scotch Whisky geek. So as a fellow single malt geek I have to ask, if you are open to sharing, what are some of your favorite types of Whisky?

-Cheers

I'm an Islay fan.

One of these days I'll travel down to WF Texas to say hi (and fork over some cash so you can yell at me about my form and stuff). I feel that when I do I should bring you a couple beers as my way of saying thank you. So on that note: gimme a list of beers you like!

Not that anyone actually asked me, but I'd recommend Talisker, and if you can't get that, make do with Glenlivet. I had Islay when I was in Edinburgh and it's great too.

Well, Islay is an island, not a brand. There are several Islay whiskies, and they actually show a close kinship with Talisker (from the Isle of Skye).

Quote Originally Posted by elVarouza View Post
    One of these days I'll travel down to WF Texas to say hi (and fork over some cash so you can yell at me about my form and stuff). I feel that when I do I should bring you a couple beers as my way of saying thank you. So on that note: gimme a list of beers you like!
    Mark really likes Bud Light. He kept eyeballing my pitcher of it when he was here in Houston last month.

You fool. If I had any balls, I'd delete this.

Its all about the Belvenie Double Wood. Its like silk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Well, Islay is an island, not a brand. There are several Islay whiskies, and they actually show a close kinship with Talisker (from the Isle of Skye).
    I don't know that much about malts, I rely on my boozing brother to guide me. Saying that, at the Malt Shovel in Edinburgh a very kind barman had me sample an Islay whiskey called Ardberg, from an old distillery that was recently reopened, (if I remember correctly through the general haze of great food and booze on that trip).

It was sensational, apparently hard to get your hands on and likely wasted on a neophyte like me.

The Scots also make the best breakfasts in the world.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by KSC View Post
    Mark really likes Bud Light. He kept eyeballing my pitcher of it when he was here in Houston last month.
    Yea I always had him pegged as one of those light beer drinkers.

Okay Rip I guess when I'm shopping for stuff to bring down I'll stay away from the darker beers -- I wouldn't want to get anything to offend your delicate taste buds. Want some appletini mix as well? Maybe a sailor hat?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast