Thread: Post your ideas for upcoming features here

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by toro View Post
    Giving my votes too:

- possibility to add assistance/custom exercises to workouts
    - advanced programs
    - possibility to add create complete custom workouts (including cardio)

I would love to see this app as a complete one-stop training log. E.g. sometimes you may want to replace a barbell lift with something else, due to an injury.

I follow the program mostly, but for the times I do something else, I have to log it elsewhere. It would be nice to have it logged in the same "training book" -> this app.

Thanks Toro.

assistance / custom exercises - this is coming and high priority.
    - advanced programs - I'm going to be putting in some intermediate programs in jan / feb. I assume you meant intermediate right?
    - custom programs. I'm thinking about this although this is getting far away from SSBT. Cardio you can log in the notes.

Quote Originally Posted by shabu View Post
    Thanks Toro.

assistance / custom exercises - this is coming and high priority.
    - advanced programs - I'm going to be putting in some intermediate programs in jan / feb. I assume you meant intermediate right?
    - custom programs. I'm thinking about this although this is getting far away from SSBT. Cardio you can log in the notes.
    Thanks,
    Excellent news on assistance/custom! Great!
    Yeah I meant intermediate.. my bad.
    Custom programs. I see your point. Is there really any harm of it though? :)

Thanks for your response, Shabu. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by toro View Post
    Thanks,
    Excellent news on assistance/custom! Great!
    Yeah I meant intermediate.. my bad.
    Custom programs. I see your point. Is there really any harm of it though? :)

Thanks for your response, Shabu. Keep up the good work.
    Its really just a time issue...I want to do everything but I need to keep focussed on the majority of people using the app who are doing BBT.

When you say custom training, are you just referring to being able to use whatever rep and set scheme you want? or say having a template for workout a, b, c etc...

A tinder-esque feature that allowed fellow lifters in the area to meet would be great...

Sorry if already suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by The_GOAT View Post
    A tinder-esque feature that allowed fellow lifters in the area to meet would be great...

Sorry if already suggested.
    has been suggested but its great if people write the same things as it gives me an idea of how many people actually want a feature. thanks for posting.

Thank you SO much for all the adjustments, like micro loading settings and the 5x3 switch for women.

HOWEVER very rarely will people switch to 5x3 across all exercises right away. Having the option to choose which exercises go to 5x3 and which stay standard (much like the weight increases) would be very useful to me. Thanks for all your hard work! I am really enjoying using the app and appreciate the transparency and requests for feedback, very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by MissusTufnel View Post
    Thank you SO much for all the adjustments, like micro loading settings and the 5x3 switch for women.

HOWEVER very rarely will people switch to 5x3 across all exercises right away. Having the option to choose which exercises go to 5x3 and which stay standard (much like the weight increases) would be very useful to me. Thanks for all your hard work! I am really enjoying using the app and appreciate the transparency and requests for feedback, very cool.
    you're welcome, glad you're enjoying the app.

I am looking into ways to make things more customisable, I will add the 5x3 excercise progression onto the list (in fact i have something custom which i was tinkering around with, I'll run it by Rip and the gang to see if its ok with them).

Shabu - like the app and have ben using the iPhone version for a month now. As an older lifter, age 57, would like to see a program version that incorporates less volume such as squat 2X per week and deadlift 1X per week, as I believe Mark recommends.
    Thanks
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Markk54 View Post
    Shabu - like the app and have ben using the iPhone version for a month now. As an older lifter, age 57, would like to see a program version that incorporates less volume such as squat 2X per week and deadlift 1X per week, as I believe Mark recommends.
    Thanks
    Mark
    Hi Mark, the app doesn't lock you into training 3x per week. Are you suggesting a tutorial for older lifters that explains that?

starting strength coach development program
    Texas Method add-on! Lots of variations I know... Maybe a basic template with ability to customize some? Or several of the most popular templates?

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast