starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JPeters' Starting Strength Log

Default JPeters' Starting Strength Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    After doing the program for about 3 months I had worked up to the following weights for my work sets on September 25th:
    BS-325
    BP-200
    OP-160
    DL-405
    PC-185

Since then I moved from South Carolina to Connecticut for the Navy, and I've only had the chance to work out sporadically. Starting tomorrow I'll be starting another run at my linear progression, starting with a pretty big reset. I've been meaning to put a log up to try and keep myself accountable for a while, and now I'm finally getting around to it.

Stats:
    5'11", 200lbs, Male, 29 years old. I've been lifting for about a year and a half, but every time I start to make real progress the Navy pulls me away to do something which stops my progress.

Tonight's workout was very easy...I think I probably reset too much, but I'm going to stick with it.
    Work sets:
    Squat-275
    Bench-150
    Deadlift-300
    Neck Extensions-4 sets of 25 with 1 Pood Kettlebell on Spud Neck Harness.

A little info about the home gym. Currently using:
    Rogue previous generation squat stands
    Rogue flat bench
    Rogue Men's bar
    Rogue High Temp Bumpers (and a couple Ivanko Metal 45lbs plates)
    Sorinex GHD
    Various Kettlebells
    Airdyne
    C2 Rower
    Lots more, that isn't coming straight to mind. Additionally, next week I'll be getting a Rogue R3 Rack, York Legacy Metal Plates, York Power Bar. I'll post some sort of a review, and pictures of the basement gym after I get everything.

Good luck, keep at it

Got the R3 rack from Rogue and put it together this afternoon, and it looks very nice. Anyone worried that it won't be big enough should get over it and go with the R3, unless you need your rack to double as weight storage. After assembly, when I went to anchor it into the concrete I snapped the first bolt, most likely because I was using a 3/8" drive ratchet and couldn't apply enough counter-torque. Based upon this I'm probably going to attach it to a sheet of 3/4" plywood instead. Because it felt at least as steady as the squat stand I had been using I decided to go ahead and work out tonight as planned without bolting it down, and had a pretty good workout.
    Work sets:
    Squat-285 (EASY!)
    Press-135. The last rep was painful and barely went up...but it did go up.
    Power Cleans-135 (Very Easy)
    GHD Situps-3x10
    It looks like I reset too much on the squat, deadlift, bench, and power cleans. I'll make it up in just a couple of weeks though, and at least I'm not crippled with soreness. My order from York should arrive on Wednesday, so hopefully after my workout I'll put up some info.

Better to reset too much than too little. But don't do it again

Got all the equipment from York today. I'll have to take a little better look at it to be sure, but everything looks great. Anyone looking to buy some plates or other equipment which York carries should definitely get ahold of Allison Foreman. She's been mentioned on here in other threads before, that's how I found her, but if anyone needs her info feel free to ask. Now, on to tonight's workout:
    Work sets:
    Squat-290
    Bench-160
    Deadlift-315
    Very easy lifting tonight. I know that it won't last, so I have to enjoy it while I can. Also, I clearly need to work on upping the bench compared to all of my other lifts, so I'm considering putting it first in the workouts once it's progress starts to stall...Any thoughts?

Nothing much to report tonight.
    Work sets:
    Squat-295
    Press-140
    Neck Ext-4x25 with 1 Pood

Tonight actually was a pretty good workout. The squats felt like work, but I got through them without a problem. During the press I lost track of sets, and I'm pretty sure I did 4 sets instead of 3...I feel good, and haven't been very sore so that's a good sign.
    Next week I'm going to switch weights on a loading pin instead of the kettlebell on the neck extension so that it's easier to slowly load additional weight.
    At this point during my last LP I started using Wednesday as a "light" day and saw really good results, so in a couple weeks that may come back in if I feel I'm struggling to recover for Wednesday's workout. I'm also going to start adding 1 or 2 conditioning days during the week.
    Last, I need to work on my mobility, so I'm going to be looking a lot more into that and adding some work there to my routine. I've gained a ton just through lifting and I know Rip really stresses Barbell work as the best mobility work, however I think I could help my lifting and recovery through this (think mobilitywod.com). It's hard to believe that at not even 30 all the years of shit nutrition and not working out are showing up.

Default Good Night

Felt Very good tonight. I think the weekend was good for me, and the form work I've been doing on the squat seems to be really paying off. I added some volume today because I'm going to start implementing the light workout in the middle of the week, mainly because of time constraints. I hadn't planned on doing it for lifting progress for a couple more weeks.
    Work sets (and backoff sets):
    Squat-300(5,5,5), 275(5)
    Bench-170(5,5,5), 155(5)
    Power Cleans-140(3,3,3,3,3)
    Will go with another 10# jump on Bench and Power Clean. 10# per week on the squat, 5# Monday and 5# Friday.
    I've also started going through the mobility wods, starting at the beginning, and I'm through day 3. I'm much tighter and less mobile than I was expecting, so I think this will be really good for me.

starting strength coach development program
    Quick update.
    Worksets:
    Squat-275 (Light Day). Harder than I expected for lighter weight.
    Press-142.5. First time micro loading
    Glute Ham Raises-10,10,10
    Good workout. Can't wait to lift again Friday!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast