starting strength gym
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Finally getting on the program

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Perhaps the wife would like a slower progressing strength program, rather thn dropping it altogether and losing her edge? Perhaps 5/3/1 2-day schedule plus a day of metcon? This way she can make monthly progress, keep her weight the same and gett he cardio work that she seems to be after.

@ mazda: She's doing crossfit again, but still doing the big lifts once a week heavy.

@ subsistance: Yeah I'll be microloading the press and the bench. Any suggestions on how small an increment to start with? I was planning on dropping to 2.5 lb increases. I have plates all the way down to 1/4 lb.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon M View Post
    @ mazda: She's doing crossfit again, but still doing the big lifts once a week heavy.

@ subsistance: Yeah I'll be microloading the press and the bench. Any suggestions on how small an increment to start with? I was planning on dropping to 2.5 lb increases. I have plates all the way down to 1/4 lb.
    I'd certainly start with 2.5lbs (but I pretty much just began doing this myself, so no expert). I don't imagine there there is much point at loading at less than 1-1.25lbs.

I am myself wondering if I should switch to intermediate programming after 2.5lb increases stalls, or try to go a bit longer on 1.25lb increases.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345