• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    PROGRESS in a month/1week.

Squat 95lb- 205lb
    Bench 100lb- 135lb
    Deadlift 120lb-225lb
    Press 65lb-92.5lb
    Clean 70lb-105lb
    Bodyweight 149lb-162lb (Need to eat more calories. I've been fluctuating from the high 150's to the low 160's for a while now..)

Nice progress man!

Guess you live in SC?

hey thanks!
    no, i live in NY hahah

damn. FUCK x a billion... today is really not my day
    I did not sleep, didnt eat much, and played volleyball during the weekend. I must have jumped as high as i possibly could at least a 150 times over the past couple days and my legs were beat up. Lesson learned, do not workout after that ever again... I did 3x5 squats, 210lb and i did not feel good at all. I was tired and sluggish, beat. I have no idea if i kept good form or not. I think it was okay other than the fact that a couple were a little high. On my last set, as i was going to rack the bar, the weight started slipping back and it was too low for the hooks. I felt like i was in a dream because i was so tired and all the weights clattered off the bar. shit. I then went home, and on the way my fingers lost hold of my phone and it dropped.. what a day

Squat 210lbx3x5 (not counting this, going to do the workout over on wednesday after some good rest)

redeemed myself today. Squats were definitely still heavy, but i got through them without much trouble. I'm barely getting below parallel in some of the squats though. maybe ill get to 225 and reset to get perfect form. Presses are definitely getting heavy after heavier squats, everything else seems harder. I used barbell collars as micro weight, i think each of them weighs .5 pounds. so i put on 3 per side, making it 3 pounds. Power cleans were okay, i shorted the rests so someone else could use the power rack.

Squat 210lbx3x5 PR!
    Press 93lbx3x5 PR!
    Clean 110lbx5x3 PR!

Squats felt good today. I thought they were all going below parallel?? Just in case, i will film the next workout to make sure. (almost 2 plates!!)

Bench is getting harder as i reach my PR (FINALLY...) I think 3 min rests aren't enough for it anymore.

Deadlifts were strangely hard today. Probably because i was doing it at 9 at night, but its still okay. The bar almost slipped out of my hands on the last couple.

Squat 215lbx3x5 PR!
    Bench 140lbx3x5
    Deadlift 235lbx3x5 PR!

Has anyone ever gotten a strange burning/pain sensation after deadlifting? I feel it in the area right above where my buttcrack starts.
    The waist area? It hurt for a little bit and then went away. If anyone knows what it is, id appreciate the comment.
    Maybe ill put up the video of my deadlift up. My back doesnt round so i have no idea what's causing it. Help!

Workouts going to be weirdly spaced out over the next 2 weeks or so?
    This weeks going to have a tuesday, thursday workouts because of a huge volleyball tournament on saturday and i need to be really fresh for that.
    Gotta get that first place trophy, wish me luck!
    And then on memorial day, another tournament. Looking to sweep both tournaments for first place. Really excited, nervous, scared. Constantly on my mind.
    I hope i reach 225 squat by this week though. It would be a real nice confidence boost that trails onto tournament day.

I'm also thinking about starting on a program with deadlifts only once a week and also adds chins. Going to officially start that after my tournaments.
    I can currently do like 8 bodyweight chins? Lets see what happens.
    Right now, i just want that first place!

Did i mention i gained more weight?

165lbs (or more!)

Squats felt pretty good today! Almost felt a little too light. Next workout, 2 plates!! Whoo!
    Recorded myself and my knee travel is improving. Im going deeper, so I'm happy.
    Didnt have much time left after i finished the squats.. so i shorted the rests for my press and power cleans, and that was a big mistake.. They were HARD.

Squat 220lbx3x5 PR!
    Press 95lbx2x5 and 95lbx1x3, (push pressed the last 2) (i attribute this failure to lack of rest between sets so i will still add 2 pounds to the next workout.)
    Clean 115lbx3x3, 115lbx1x1, 115lbx1x3 (fail... redo.... need more rest...)

And then i felt like my presses were slacking compared to my other lifts so i did some chins.
    7-5-5 (1 min rest between sets)

starting strength coach development program
    Pretty good. TWO PLATES! That was exciting. My knees are traveling forward a little though. Darn, I need to fix that asap. It should be good with knees out. I always seem to have trouble with that.
    Bench, my shoulder was hurting a bit after the sets. I need to concentrate on keeping my form straight. And i tied my PR finally!
    Deadlift, i got through 4 reps overhand and then my palms were so sweaty i didnt want to risk failing and i did one mixed grip. Thinking about chalk.

Squat 225lbx3x5 PR!
    Bench 145lbx3x5 PR!
    Deadlift 245lbx1x5 PR!

I got a job offer at the gym today haha. I might take it!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast