starting strength gym
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: It's a long way to .....

Default Garage Gym Warrior

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I plan on doing this program for the next 13 weeks. Not going to make a lot changes and will probably run it vanilla at least the first time. I was thinking of adding a bench press day Saturday but wanted to spare my shoulders and decided against it. HLM Mon, Weds and Fri comprising the main lifts with a focus on pressing (bench once a week and press twice). As for current weight, I'm 218 and adding weight gradually. Supplements include the following: creatine (5g/day), whey protein (have one shake a day), Beta Alanine 3g/day (not the best at taking this though), Vitamin D 5000IU, Pre-workout currently C4 50X (add 3-6g citruline malate), Boswellia 500mg, and Taurine (2g post workout and 1g on non workout days).

GGW#1:

Squat - 250X6X4*
    Press - 100X6X4
    Deads - 245X6X3
    Pullups - BWX8X2

*WeightXRepsXSets

GGW#2 70min (including 10min warm up)

Bench - 200X6X4
    Bent over Rows - 185X8X4
    Squat - 215X6X2

Overall, I had a good workout and felt good throughout. Switched bench to first exercise and squats to last. All sets were done sans belt and the concentric portion of the squats were done as quickly as possible. I haven't done bent over rows in a long time (12 years) so I kinda guessed at the work set weight and 185lbs worked well. Both shoulders are now sketchy as I tweaked my right one low bar squatting last week.

GGW #3: 70min

DL - 285X6X1
    Squat - 230X6X3
    OHP - 105X6X3

Good workout. Deads and squats felt really good. I did squats wearing my Merrell gloves and liked them a lot (usually use Adipowers). Ran out of gas at the end and will do pullups tomorrow. I'll be tempted to bench but my shoulders are saying NO.

woahh.. you were truely something. Hats off

Thanks. Yeah, I was able to lift pretty decent weight back in my early and mid 20's and again in my mid 30's. It's been humbling trying to get back to close to those numbers but I am just going to keep plodding along. I want to get a least a solid year of training in and see where I'm at (I haven't done that in 12 years). At my current age, 46, I'm more concerned with consistency and being injury free than absolute numbers. Of course, I still want to progress I'm just more realistic now than the past (3 months ago ) and realize that it's going to take longer than 12 weeks to get everything back, if ever. I used to able to go from 0 to 100 in 12 weeks but the engine and suspension aren't quite up to that anymore.

GGW #4: (Wt 220; Duration 90min)

OHP - 110X5X3
    Squat - 265X5X4
    DL - 265X5X3
    Pullup - BWX8X1

Overall a bit of a struggle but still managed to get all numbers and reps. I did a 3 mile hike yesterday of moderate intensity with the family and felt the effects today. Really focused on shoulder warmups because my left shoulder really hurt all weekend (could hardly lift my arm in the air). It must have worked because my arm is feeling much better tonight.

GGW#5: (Duration 75min)

Bench - 215X5X2; 215X6X2
    Squat - 230X5X2 (no belt)
    Bentover Rows - 195X6X4 (belt)

Both shoulders bothering me tonight and I had muscle pull/strain in mid back that made setting up and executing bench difficult. Got all numbers as planned and did extra reps on bench before I realized that 5 was prescribed #. Belt helped a lot on rows.

GGW #6: (wt 222 Duration 85min)

OHP - 110X5X4
    DL - 305X5X1
    Squats - 255X5X3

Decent workout and I changed the order of the exercises to help out shoulders. I'll probably add a short workout tomorrow to get pullups and maybe some incline bench (these are usually easier on my shoulder).

Default Pics of my current setup

Mostly Rep Fitness equipment: PR 5000 rack, Rep AB-3100 Adjustable Bench V2, 455lbs Rep Equalizer plates, Rep Wood Gymnastic Rings, Rep Kettlebells 12kg, 24kg and 32kg, Rep plyo box 12/14/16, Reps bands. Fringe Sport Wonder Bar V2. Home made platform using the usual web directions except modified so I can park both cars.

Current Setup - Imgur
    Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Thought I would try and slip in an press day with some incline work. Well that aint happening. Both shoulders no likey and stopped at 165lbs (warmup). I did, however, do 3 sets of pullups but was only able to get 7 consecutively on first set (-1). I'll probably continue to do these but will nix any additional press work.
    Last edited by Leprechaun; 03-10-2018 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Added info

starting strength coach development program
    GGW #7: wt220: Duration 100min: Music (Daft Punk - Random Access Memories)

OHP - 115X4X3
    Squat - 285X4X4
    DL - 285X4X3
    Pullups - BWX8X1

Monday is definitely the hardest day of the week and going to be a beast weeks 7,8,9. Got all lifts but was a little off. I did a 2 mile hike in my neighborhood yesterday and felt it some today. Overall feeling pretty good.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast