starting strength gym
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Back at it again

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I came home with a terrible headache, had to take a coffee+some ketoprofen to get through this.
    August 21
    Squat - 100x5x3. Minimal deload, will redo my PR next time.
    Bench Press - Still painful and it's getting tiresome... unfortunately seems to be late to perform some rehab Starr-style. I'll try something similar nonetheless.
    OHP - 45X5X3. In the meantime, I'm going to OHP.
    Deadlift - 118.5x5

Training in a heatwave (100 F) and sore, and it shows.
    Recovery variables:
    food was ok, 3000-3200 cals with at least 150 gr of proteins,
    sleep is probably lacking but I think I'm getting 7 hours at least;
    Overall level of stress is influenced by the weather, probably not ideal for productive "heavy" training.

August 24
    Squat - 102x5-4-3. My first failed squat reps. Legs were sore and did not feel much better during the session (but they are much better today).
    Bench Press - 10x25x2+15x25.
    I feel better today (placebo?).
    Chins - BWx10-7-6

Soreness went away 24 hours after the last awful session.
    Went into the gym well rested and well fed, and it makes all the difference.
    Left pec pain is less bothersome in daily life, but benching is still off-limits.

August 26
    Squat - 102x5x3. Not easy, but I felt in control of the bar.
    Bench Press - 15x25+20x15x2.
    Getting better. Pain goes away during high rep sets, so I guess it behaves like a muscle belly injury iircc
    Deadlift - 121.5x5

Bodyweight
    68.5 kg (regressed during layoff/family holiday, getting back up)

Did not really have time to train, but I went there anyway to squat.

August 28
    Squat - 104x5x3.
    OHP - 46.5x5x3. And I also pressed because why not
    Deadlift - 121.5x5

Another holiday-related layoff.
    Feeling fresh and energized, well set to earn new PRs, but I got up from bed with lumbar pain coming from my right gluteus medius (I've already been there and I just know).
    Nothing that would stop me from training but I decided for a very small deload given the week-long layoff.

September 4
    Squat - 100x5x3. Strength was there, but depth probably not (below parallel was painful).
    Bench press - 50.5x5x3.
    No pain! After 5-6 warmup sets, I settled on this weight to start a new LP.
    Deadlift - 115.5x5.
    With new straps to the specifications listed in BBT. As usual, deads make my back pain better.

Bodyweight
    70.0 kg.
    Explicit intention to get to 76.5 kg (30 pounds weight gain from the start).

I know this is older but are your weights in Kgs/ Also, think you need to go a little lower on squats, Good work though.
    This was supposed to have your post on it from july where you added a sqat vidieo off youtube.
    Last edited by Darracq; 09-06-2023 at 01:09 PM.

Yes, all the weights are in kgs, I've thought about converting to lbs but that seemed too condescending to me. 😁
    Thank you for the feedback on the squat, this area needs work and I need to post in the technique forum to get more attention.

decided to took videos of my last work set on all my lifts today.
    Workout frequency is still underwhelming due to work stuff.

September 8
    Squat - 102.5 kgs x5x3. Uncertain about depth. Gluteus medius pain almost completely dissipated and was not a concern today.
    OHP - 45.5 kgs x5x3. Took a decent video, will post in the specific forum later.
    Deadlift - 119 kgs x5. Took a video but fumbled the setup while trying to put on straps, at least the video is funny I guess.

I] Bodyweight[/I]
    70.9 kgs- 156 lbs

i saw a video somewhere, where you stretch a band across the rack, that you set at squat depth. you need band pegs to put bands around. or just watch your squat vids back and see if you need to go lower.

I'm going to post in the technique forum (have the videos on a second phone and I regularly forget to post them), then I'll try whatever will seem potentially useful to fix it.

September 11
    Went in very beat up and with little sleep (3-4 hours) due to family issues.
    Squat - 105.5x5-5-4. General fatigue caught up with me and right gluteus pain flared again (was almost gone before).
    Will retry the weight next session, I guess, but with a fresh head and 8 hours of sleep.
    Bench - 54x5x3. More warm up sets than usual, then I went for and almost 8-Pounds Jump. No pain, but this still quite far from actual challenging worksets, I feel.
    Chins - BWx9-8-8.

I wont have time to train on Wed due to crazy work schedule. It should be Better in the next couple of weeks.

starting strength coach development program
    September 15
    Squat - 105.5x5x3. General fatigue caught up with me. Will retry the weight next session, I guess.
    OHP - 46.5x5x3. No particular comments on this one.
    Deadlift - 123x5. Redid my previous pr with new, less familiar straps.

September 17
    Squat - 95x5x3. Received the memo regarding my technique, since video did not in the subforum and decided to deload a little. Apparently it did not help in reaching a significantly lower position.
    Bench press - 57.5x5x3. No particular comments on this one.
    Chins - BWx10-8-8

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast