starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Back at it again

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    September 20
    Squat - 106.5x5x3. Impossible to load the proper weight increment. This went up smoothly with the known depth issue still unsolved (form creep?).
    OHP - 48x5-4-4-2. Ok
    Deadlift - 125.5x5. PR with straps

September 22
    Squat - 108x5x3. This was fine, depth is consistent even if insufficient. I think I'll do a "light" squat every third workout from now on if workout frequency is right.
    Bench press - 60.5x5x3. Felt like these could've been sets of 8-10 reps. I don't want to rush it because of recent mild injury.
    Chins - BWx10-8-8

Bodyweight
    70.9 kg - 156 lbs
    Worryingly stable.

Hey great work you are doing Safes!

It's interesting to compare our progress since we started at about the same time.

Overall PRs are almost the same despite me gaining 10kg more weight than you. Maybe your gains are more due to muscle and mine due to leverage.

Chins: I haven't even started training them yet while you are already doing fantastic. Great job!

I switched to a four-day split for lower squat/deadlift volume. I was finding workouts too stressful, especially squats. I'm ten years older than you though.

I have been lucky with injuries, sorry to read about yours. I took an extended break over the summer to make time for family/kids.

September 24
    Squat - 96.5x5x3. Light day, recorded it hoping for It to be acceptable for the technique forum.
    OHP - 49x4-4-3-3-1. PR,
    Deadlift - 128x5. PR, pain in my left pec again, even if very mild It kinda scared me.

Bodyweight
    71.6 kg - 157.8 lbs.

Now I'll be abroad for a mixed work/leisure trip until Sunday, I'll enjoy this time and be right back for some more LP.

Hey swoz!
    Nice to see us both progressing despite family and life!
    My injury has definitely been a consequence of poor technique, so I only have myself to blame for that.
    As for chins, I plan on doing them weighted soon!

I think your progress suffers both because of the age difference and your love of basketball. I'm a real nerd so sport practice does not and likely won't ever affect me ahahahah

I can see myself sticking with the basic structure of The Program for a while still. And 4- day splits will never be possible due to work/life. I'll probably talk to a coach at that point tho, I don't want to entirely improvise my intermediate programming (even if I'll be a self-induced intermediate).
    Train on!

My light-day squat at 96.5 kgs, would be nice to get some feedback instead of the silente reprobation of the technjque forum.

24Sept23 - 96.5x5x3 (third set) - YouTube

If technique Is acceptable I'll build from this After this layoff.

Thanks!

starting strength coach development program
    Quick update:
    Last weeks have been hectic. I am not yet stable enough in my routine to make use of online coaching; I train when I get to train, around twice a week in aggregate.
    Still, I've not given up and I've built up from the last layoff in early October (plus older pec injury) to the following lifts:

Weights in KGS
    Squat 110x5x3
    Deadlift 128x5
    OHP 51.5x4-4-4-3
    Bench 70.5x5x3
    Chins BWx9-9-8

BW around 71-72 kgs, pretty stable overall

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234