starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quintero's NLP

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    For reference what were you weights you made it to on previous NLP runs?

Sat 30/12/2023

Squat 135x5,5,5
    Press 67.5x5,5,5
    Chin 3.75x5,5,5

May have tweaked something on the first set of squats. Felt a tightness around my left glute where it inserts into the lower back.
    This is the area I felt pain when I herniated my disk, so I'm a bit spooked. Rolled on a lacrosse ball after the workout and It calmed down a bit.

Thought I'd update some body composition metrics, I've an bodyfat scale to measure trends and here are some numbers from before I started the program to today.
    Training before starting the program was a lot of fluffing around, various bb splits, kb's etc with no real strength progress.

24/07/2023
    Weight 105.4kg
    Bodyfat 20%
    Muscle Mass 80.1kg
    Bone Mass 4.22kg

30/12/2023
    Weight 110.05kg
    Bodyfat 20.8%
    Muscle Mass 82.76kg
    Bone Mass 4.40kg

Weight +4.65kg
    Bodyfat +0.8%
    Muscle Mass +2.66kg
    Bone Mass + 0.18kg

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernLifter View Post
    That DL is really strong and it's remarkable how long you lasted doing 10 lb increases in the squat.

You could put some details about your diet to make your diary more complete. You could also tell us why you have slept little, maybe we can help you.
    Thanks mate,

Diet is real loose ahaha. I try and eat as much meat and protein, but will supplement with a shake or two if I feel like I haven't had enough during the day.
    If I had to guess, probably getting around 150-200 grams of protein a day. Definitely something I'll have to monitor properly if I want to get serious.

I was on the sauce the night before so that was it ahaha. But sleep is usually around 6 hours which is not ideal but it's something I struggle with.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingcrocolisk View Post
    I recently also experienced this with the SS three inch double ply belt. Blake & Katie make amazing products. Excellent choice!
    A late merry Christmas and good luck to you!
    Yeah it's worth the coin. Glad they were able to ship down under.
    Merry Christmas and you too!

Quote Originally Posted by inchXinch View Post
    For reference what were you weights you made it to on previous NLP runs?
    Howdy,

Looking at my previous logs on here (From around 10 years ago), looks like I moved from the LP after hitting.

Squat 170x3,3,3
    Bench 120 x3,3,3
    Dead 182.5x4
    Press 81.25x3,3,3

Quote Originally Posted by Quinteros View Post
    Thanks mate,

Diet is real loose ahaha. I try and eat as much meat and protein, but will supplement with a shake or two if I feel like I haven't had enough during the day.
    If I had to guess, probably getting around 150-200 grams of protein a day. Definitely something I'll have to monitor properly if I want to get serious.

I was on the sauce the night before so that was it ahaha. But sleep is usually around 6 hours which is not ideal but it's something I struggle with.
    150 is really poor. Try to keep getting at least 200.

6 hours of sleep is very little but I understand this problem very well.

Any sessions since the tweak? Coming from a guy who has low back issues on the regular, complete rest typically leads to worse issues for me. Even if it's just drop the weight SUPER low, trying to get something in hip flexion wise typically leads me to feeling better.

starting strength coach development program
    Hey mate, please give this an update.

Hope you are doing well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123