starting strength gym
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: danz NLP log

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    3 Oct:
    Squat 130kg x 3 x 2 - again slight depth issues.
    OHP 68kg x 1, 66.25 x 1 x 4 (bad technique this time, plus different gym, bar had no knurling so the bar kept wiggling around during the movement.
    DL 125kg x 5

6 Oct:

Squat 117.5kg x 5 x 2, 110kg x 5 x 2
    BP 83.75kg x 5 x 5
    Chins 5 x 7, 4, 4, 3
    Last edited by danz; 10-06-2024 at 02:42 PM.

8 Oct:

Squat 102.5kg x 5 x 3
    OHP 58.25kg x 5 x 5
    Deadlift 127.5kg x 5

Deadlift 127.5kg - YouTube

Hi Danz. Deadlifts look pretty good with a flat back and good bar speed. One suggestion from a fellow lifter: make sure you're finishing your lockout on every rep. https://youtu.be/esH1NkQFLXA?si=fUvcsCOmHr0arC8u

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dawson View Post
    Hi Danz. Deadlifts look pretty good with a flat back and good bar speed. One suggestion from a fellow lifter: make sure you're finishing your lockout on every rep. https://youtu.be/esH1NkQFLXA?si=fUvcsCOmHr0arC8u
    Thanks Matt! Yeah my friend screamed at me for the first rep there, do you think 2-5 were locked out well?

I'm back to PR territory with Deadlift and it's moving well and feeling consistent finally, happy about that.

Right hip flexor is still in pain but it's better, and seems like knees out is really fixing it. Will be doing a single at 132.5kg and backoff to triple at 127.5kg on Thursday, hopefully next week back to PR territory there with improved form and depth.

Quote Originally Posted by danz View Post
    Thanks Matt! Yeah my friend screamed at me for the first rep there, do you think 2-5 were locked out well?
    It was definitely the first rep that caught my attention. 5 looks pretty solid. 2-4 were better but so quick I can't tell for sure. As someone with a bad habit of rushing my own lifts, I would suggest pausing for half a second at the top to ensure you're getting thoracic spine extended and shoulders back. If you're still working with a SS then listen to what they have to say.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dawson View Post
    It was definitely the first rep that caught my attention. 5 looks pretty solid. 2-4 were better but so quick I can't tell for sure. As someone with a bad habit of rushing my own lifts, I would suggest pausing for half a second at the top to ensure you're getting thoracic spine extended and shoulders back. If you're still working with a SS then listen to what they have to say.
    Will do, thanks!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345