starting strength gym

Thread: Second Attempt at SS - Log

Default Second Attempt at SS - Log

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    This is my second attempt at the program. My last attempt was in December 2021 and I kept it going for a month and a half. I am doing the it by myself at home. I already read SS:BBT, and I'm reading PPST. I may also have to resort to online coaching in the future.

I am planning to post weekly updates with new data and a small comment for each workout.

Height: 168cm
    Weight: 111.8kg

Week 01:

2024-08-12

Squat: 50kg x5x3
    Press: 28kg x5x3
    Deadlift: 66kg x5x3

Found the workout weight for each exercise and completed three sets of each.

2024-08-14

Squat: 54kg x5x3
    Bench: 34kg x5x3
    Deadlift: 74kg x5x3

First attempt at the bench press in the program. The bar slowed down on the last rep.

2024-08-16

Squat: 58kg x5x3
    Press: 30kg x5x3
    Deadlift: 78kg x5x3

I caught the flu and couldn't sleep enough, but I managed to take a nap and decided I was good enough to train. Had a bit of difficulty locking out the last two reps of the deadlift.

Weekend Weight: 110.1kg
    Last edited by lspr_93; Today at 03:58 AM. Reason: Changed the date format to "YYYY-MM-DD". And added a few formatting tags.

Week 02:

2024-08-19

Squat: 62kg x5x3
    Bench: 38kg x5x3
    Deadlift: 82kg x5x3

I was fully recovered from the flu and the workout felt easier than last time.

A small callus appeared in my left hand due to an incorrect grip in the deadlift.

2024-08-21

Squat: 66kg x5x3
    Press: 32kg x5x3
    Deadlift: 86kg x5x3

I was feeling a discomfort in the right side of my hips but it went away after warming up the squat.

I have missed the depth on a few reps where I did not move the knees to the correct position.

2024-08-23

Squat: 70kg x5x3
    Bench: 42kg x5x3
    Deadlift: 90kg x5x3

I started working out with a bit of pain in the left thigh, which went away after warming up the squat. The work sets felt better after a few form corrections.

I failed locking out the last rep of the deadlift. Tried again after resting and failed after three reps. Decided to use straps and completed the work set with relative ease.

I will try to improve my grip for the next workout and only use the straps again if needed.

Weekend Weight: 110.6kg

Next week I will add power cleans to the program. I have practiced a bit with the empty bar and it is hard to get into the rack position. I will try stretching at the rack and practice some more.
    Last edited by lspr_93; Today at 03:59 AM. Reason: Added a few formatting tags.