starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Squat Check After Injury

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    New Check
    This time I had my brother film me. I can't say he did a perfect job but its definitely better than before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT46ozl9GIo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JSsKmJ97qY (HD Version when it gets processed)

For some fucking weird reason - I was squatting to parallel today instead of below parallel like previously. It was only a 5 pound increase and yet I completely changed depth it looks like? Any thoughts as to why? My only other thought was that wearing the belt for my first set really made me aware of staying tight and as such I wasn't loosening up to reach depth like it looks like I do in previous videos?

Any other thoughts on the depth issues today? Were they deep enough?

Damn. Looking at them now it looks like around 2 reps per set were either JUST parallel or slightly above. Fuck. They were so easy though I don't see an issue with adding 5 pounds to the bar and working on depth next workout.

My press - It looks like the glaring issue is the dropping of the elbows and in turn pushing the bar out front. I'll fix that ASAP. Other thoughts?

My Deadlift - It looked fine to me? Sorry about the bullshit plates - I don't usually workout at 24 hour fitness but i had to today.
    Last edited by pbjorge12; 11-26-2009 at 01:47 AM.

Squats look plenty deep enough to me. Tighter than your last video. Better.

After that, my attention span lapsed...

Hi,

re: the squat. The thing that caught my eyes was the elastic band of your pants. It looks like it goes down level, but when you come up it raises a bit more on the right side. It seems evident especially on the last two reps of the last two sets.
    At normal speed, it gives the impression that you are pushing more with your right leg, and that the pelvis is therefore slightly tilted upwards on the right side.

I'm not sure whether this is indeed the case, or whether it is simply an effect of the camera angle. A video from behind would dispel any doubts.
    On the other hand, I'm sure that your brother woudl have noticed this, so I'm probably just seeing things.

IPB

Latest Video at 255
    My first PR on the program (I did it last year with poor results and got to 250 about an inch above parallel - My fault as I didn't understand intensity)

For those of you who take issue with camera angles - Don't bother watching as it is horrible and was mostly for my own sake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KzdJgoKlYk

Any more cues you can think of for keeping those knees set? It seems like the first rep or 2 are usually pretty good but then things get iffy. I can lock them in at a lighter weight (225) so is this something to just live with as its only happening at the heavy weights? I can also do a pretty good job of keeping them set if I look at my knees during my worksets - But that is probably a no-no?

look like good squats to me. depth looks great. make sure you are shoving your knees out at the bottom. that will keep your knees from sliding forward.

starting strength coach development program
    knee slide

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12