starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Squat check

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Congrats on the 3x5x385, Dwayne.

I got into it today after taking thurs, fri, sat, sunday off.

Did 3x5x345lbs. Left knee, lower back, form--all of it Felt Awful. Really need to warm up more. Jesus. Still completed it, but it was ugly.

Overhead pressed 3x5x165lbs, deadlifted 1x5x415lbs. Nothing I haven't done before.

I'll see how my warm ups go on Wednesday and decide whether to do 3x5x355lbs or just 2x5x300lbs. Bench, chins, that's it.

Default Form check

I did 315lbs for a set of three on video as a form check. It was a lighter, recovery day.

I'm trying to clean up my squat form because I was experiencing a lot of pain. Let me know what you think of this.

Can you see what you need to see in the sweatpants?

http://vimeo.com/10542005

Thanks

Hey Cj,
    Two things:
    1. Looks like you could have a closer stance but that's a nit-pick and I'm sure that you've already found that this works best for you.
    2. I can tell you are fatigued even though the reps moved pretty fast because I do the same thing when I'm fatigued...that is, lifting the chest instead of driving the hips. At this lighter weight, it really is of no consequence but when you are up heavier in weights, it slows down the rep a lot. This is something I plan to fix before its time for my 1st meet in May.

Hope you are getting in the recovery you need. BTW, I'm going for 400X5X3 tomorrow--wish me luck, as I'm currently still feeling 395X5X3 that I did on Tuesday.

Yeah, fuck dude, I decided that I am in need of a real deload.

I'm going to take a week, just do 60% of original load, and take some extra days off entirely.

Sometimes life just interferes with lifting.

When I get back, I'll probably just go with intermediate programming. Maybe I'll back off and try the novice programming a little more in hopes of getting to 3x5x405lbs before switching.

As far as the stance goes, I originally learned to squat powerlifting style, wide stance, so what I'm doing already feels narrow. But I think you're right, I'll narrow it up and point my feet out a little more.

Good luck with the 400lbs work session. Keep me posted.

C

starting strength coach development program
    I may be incorrect, but a few of your reps could go an inch or two lower. Other than that, things look good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12