Starting Strength Session 3

Stats:
    Male
    170 lbs
    21 yrs old
    5'10"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lU2f...ature=youtu.be
    Thank you for your time

This is my latest Squat Session Could Someone check if I am going Deep enough or other technique flaws, Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxOcM...=youtu.be&t=34

Your depth looks good, but the motion is too slow. It's like you're searching for the bottom. It's more of an issue in the first video but still there in the second.
    So go down a little faster and try to get a bounce out of the bottom.

Also, straighten out your wrists.

I would also say that you have some movement in the mid/upper back during the reps. In the bottom half it's solid and fine, but then when you get to the top of the motion your back changes shape. I think you're letting your chest cave forward maybe. Not sure on this last point.

Thanks for the tips, I feel I'm moving forward a bit when I'm coming up that might have something to do with my back shape changing.
    I will try to stay as tight as possible next session and try to go down faster, I will also try to correct my wrist position, hopefully these would correct my form
    Thank you Veryhrm, will post another update next session.

This is my latest session I tried to incorporate the bounce, but forgot to straighten my wrists ), I think I need to go deeper, and overall tightness still needs work.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxG61...=youtu.be&t=36

You've got a bit of bounce, but yeah in this set not deep enough this time. Speed wise, you want to go no faster than that; maybe even a bit slower (while still faster than the previous videos though).

Also, there's something about the knee motion that doesn't look right to me on the way up but i can't put my finger on it. Might be that you're are moving your hips back a little first instead of up, but not sure on this one. Hopefully someone else has a clearer statement on that.

Finally, if you record any more sets, take 1 set from straight to the side in addition to this angle.

I will try to get some more angles in the working set, I am planning to shoot back at an angle for first set, side for second set, front at an angle for the third set.

Get a rear view. It looks to me like the bar is too low, and this will make it hard on your wrists/elbows and make it difficult to keep your back in extension.

Quote Originally Posted by spar View Post
    Get a rear view. It looks to me like the bar is too low, and this will make it hard on your wrists/elbows and make it difficult to keep your back in extension.
    Okay, I will try to borrow another camera to get two simultaneous angles.

starting strength coach development program
    I think that even when you stand up to starting position, the bar is already not over your middle foot.
    Also try to tighten up your abs it may fix it . correct me if im wrong and sorry for my english.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast