Thread: crappy deadlift check round one

Default crappy deadlift check round one

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    greetings heres the best of what i did today

warmup trying to get my back set properly

two best sets

are these acceptable?i feel im struggling getting my chest up and upper back into extension even when using all the good cues ive read on the boards.i know your back is going to round somewhat when the weight gets heavier but im only using 120kg.
    thanks for looking anyways

What program are you doing ? (if it's SS, i'm surprised to see multiple worksets)

These look fairly alright i think... certainly no crazy back bending action.

However, when you're setting up it looks like you're raising your head more than squeezing you chest up. So keep your head more neutral and really force your chest up more. (and "up" in this case is really forward since you're bent over... )

Also, you can take another second between reps to set your back. It looks like the last 3 reps are a bit less set than the first 2.

Finally, fight to keep your back straight on the way down too. You're putting the weight down at a good speed, but don't do it by relaxing the back.
    Last edited by veryhrm; 07-07-2012 at 03:14 PM. Reason: option? no.... "action"

cheers for the comment
    reason for multi sets is at the minute im just focusing on practicing getting form nailed before i progress with the program proper.

i guess extending the neck and looking forward has been my way of cheating a flat back because when i do tuck my chin my upper back gets more rounded (ill post another vid) ill keep working on it though thx

Just out of interest how tall are you?

im 6,2

I thought you looked over 6 ft in the video.

k had another go today tried to focus on squeezing chest and tucking chin more,still pretty sure im doing it wrong,im now doing some funky shit with my head before some reps anyway ill keep posting vids till i do get right.thx again for taking time out to help.

Looks like your hips are too high to me

Jsutt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
    cheers for the comment
    reason for multi sets is at the minute im just focusing on practicing getting form nailed before i progress with the program proper.
    I don't really understand this approach, although it seems to be pretty common. You can have perfect form on a light set but as soon as you start ramping the weight up proper form is going to be harder to maintain again. These deadlifts look ok to me, so if I were you I'd start doing the program as written right now. Then, once it's getting hard for you to complete your prescribed reps and sets for the workout, you'll have a better idea of what areas of your lift need work. Just my opinion as an anonymous internet type of course.

starting strength coach development program
    i was over eager and used crappy form first time round and when the weight got heavy bam wrecked back and no lifting for 3 months.i just want to make sure im doing them right this time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast