starting strength gym

Thread: You guessed it, another DL form check

Default You guessed it, another DL form check

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024

Requiem,

Your hips are too low in the starting position which in turn is causing you to push the bar away from you as you attempt to squeeze your chest up. Also, you never really get your lumbar squeezed into extension on any of the reps. Also, it appears you are looking up, this could be contributing to you dropping your hips during your set-up. Try re-reading the deadlift section in the book and post another video.

Hope this helps,

JP

Ouch. Did you even read the book? Ditto everything said above, and Please don't hyperextended the lower spine at the top. ... Potential to really mess you up

Read the squat section too while you're at it...hop drive, eye gaze, tightness, etc

Thanks for the DL critique but my squats are high bar wide stance. obviously they arenţ what Rip coaches but im making amazing progress doing them. 285x5 to 365x3 in the last 3 months on TM and still running strong.

It may be the angle/speed of the video but on your deadlifts it looks like you straighten your legs too early, re-bend them and then don't straighten them again.

Just looking at your squats/DL's from a general standpoint, they look pretty good. It isn't the SS form, but starting with a low hip doesn't equal a shitty deadlift. Be careful to not push the bar too far forward on the bottom. Some guys set the bar back a too far and then push it into position as they set up. It is hard to tell if that is the case.

I agree with Callador on the hips. High vs low is more about your own proportions and which hip muscles you want to focus on. It looks to me like you are a bit overzealous about locking out at the top. I agree with the other guys that it looks like the bar might be too far forward out of the bottom - is it in contact with your shins the whole way up?

starting strength coach development program
    You need to stop and control the bar at the top of a deadlift, it looks like you are trying to do high-pulls and failing.