starting strength gym
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Squat Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    If I can just throw my suggestion in the ring: I think you have a feel for the "below parallel" angle as it should be at the knee. IE, you can feel in your knee the angle that should get you below parallel. On the reps where your knee slides forward all the way down into the hole you can get the same knee angle, but because of the knee position forward of the toes your hips don't get as low as they should. This happens to me as I get to my 5RM if i don't pay attention to my knees - they slide forward and I don't hit depth. I think the 2 issues are related as I see a correlation between your knee position being better and hitting depth.

This is what i was thinking. Gonna do like Milo said and drop it to 295. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by zackpassman View Post
    This is what i was thinking. Gonna do like Milo said and drop it to 295. Thanks!
    How's it going?

Just hit 300 today...

Hey man! Congrats!

I had an off day on Thursday which is when i did 295. Lack of sleep, lack of food, went later than usual... just shitty session... i only got up 2 on the last set. I haven't posted it yet cause I went away and haven't had a chance. But I had to skip Monday this week so I'm planning on dropping to 275 Wednesday and going up by 10 till I'm at 305. I need to get my hamstrings involved more than they are. I think it's my limiting factor.

On the other hand, my bench session on Thursday was fine. I hit 235 which is another new PR and my cleans were 170 which is almost a new PR... though better form = probably an actual PR.

I'll post those videos tonight probably. The squats were total shit though.

275? That's a lot...

My bench is stuck at 185 right now... it's rather depressing... At this rate, I'll be cleaning more than I bench soon......

235 for bench. I started making strides when I added more meat and milk into my diet.

Quote Originally Posted by zackpassman View Post
    235 for bench. I started making strides when I added more meat and milk into my diet.
    I think my hold up was incorrect shoulder position ruining my chest leverage... Have corrected it, will see...

Hit 315 on my squats!

starting strength coach development program
    I had a posting hiatus due to a very hectic schedule in September along with a slight tweaking of my back that led to some missed days and deloads. I'm still having issues with bar motion and knee forward stuff. I have taken this thread to the coaches' forum here http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=43632

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789