starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Squat & Bench Form

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    the elbow or forearm tendonitis is very bad now. i tried to bench 92.5kg today and the pain was bad....its non existant when i squat though as the grip has now changed.

my vids on the page show the setup, its ss style just with the over thumb grip. it seems the added pressure of thumbs over bar and grip width are hurting my elbow....i dont understand either but its much better with the over thumb style.

http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=30947

here is a link to the issue i had when i was previously training. Its now the same issue

deadlift is 140kg started alternate grip at 100kg not sure why, it felt more comfortable. I have no issues with holding onto the bar.

now to solve the elbow issue

Max,

Post a picture or video of you setting up the squat "SS-style." Let's see where your wrists are.

I would strongly recommend you try to keep the double overhand grip for as long as possible over as many sets as possible. If you have no issues holding the bar then keep the double overhand grip. I didn't have to switch to alternating grip until around 345 lbs (and I'm no genetically gifted specimen by any stretch of the imagination). And it makes me angry that it was that early.

Curious-- does the pain you experience from this squat grip problem happen to be in the same arm that's supinated during the deadlift?

starting strength coach development program
    Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard.[/QUOTE]

That's funny stuff!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234