starting strength gym

Thread: form check of squat

Default form check of squat

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey,

I was told in my thread in the training forum to upload some videos here, because my technique could be the reason, why my squat is stalling. Even after a reset.
    Here is the link of the other thread if you need further information.

I am doing SS LP.

The video of the first set in which I got all the reps is somewhat underexposed, so I did only upload the other two sets. Of course I got that lighting problem fixed in them.

2nd set from rear quarter at eye height:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBYbPn_m8RI

3rd set from the back at hip height
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO0XhdsIAJU

Hold the bar with your hands (with straight wrists). Hit depth. Hip drive. Get shoes.

Jonathan Sutton Guest

Don't look down so much at the start. Head down is good, but not to the extent of looking between your feet - you're aiming for a neutral neck position. It's stopping you from getting your upper back adequately tight. Bring your hands in closer if you can, and like Adam says grab the bar instead of resting your wrists on it.

Your heels are too close together and your toes are far too splayed out. It looks like you're doing a weighted curtsey. It's going to limit how deep you can get because your hips need to be super flexible to get below parallel in that stance. Bring your heels out to shoulder width and point your toes closer to 30 degrees than 45. Sit back more instead of dropping your hips down between your feet.
    Last edited by Jonathan Sutton; 06-14-2015 at 03:55 PM.