• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Training log: Dozer's Training Log

Height: 175cm (5ft 9in)
    BW: 97.65kg (215lbs)
    Working weight: 125x5x3 (265bs)
    Best SQ: 147,5x5 (325lbs) Done @ 25 Dec 2017

Notes:
    1) Left knee was achy after 1st set (I get semi regular knee aches from squatting)
    2) Low back was pretty achy after 1st set aswell
    3) Squatting is getting very hard for me cuz I can’t dial in consistent technique. I struggle with getting my knees forward enough, staying over mid-foot and leaning over all at the same time. Sometimes I push my knees forward excessively just to get them in place but then my hips are left behind ( starting the descent with too much knee flexion and not enough hip flexion)
    4) And WTF is going on with this bar path on set 2. I just don't have the eye to understand. Why isn't it a straight line ?
    Last edited by Iksan Ismailov; 05-05-2018 at 09:20 AM.

Hi Iksan
    My guess is your shin is too vertical. You could let your knee travel about an inch over your foot. I believe you had another video where you used a tubow?

When you breathe you relax the top part of your back.

From the side view
    The bar is not over mid foot when you start, out is that a recording angle? You wiggle with your feet in the beginning of the second set to feel mid foot I presume. But I'm thinking your on your heels. I think you should have a bit more forward angle from your ankles, shins, back. A complete straight line. Now you have a straight line with your legs and then a bend in the hips to get bar over midfoot. Or am I mistaken?

When I push my knees more forward often times my weight shifts towards my toes as I descend and I start to develop some knee aches. What am I doing wrong? Yes I had a video with a TUBOW.

When I take a breath at the top I valsalva hard, brace and descend. Are you seeing thoracic flexion somewhere? Which set?

Yes, it's the camera angle (side view). Camera isn't filming from straight 90 degrees - I see that now.

I "wiggle" my feet to feel the mid-foot position in the beginning.

Looks like it - my torso, from the hips up is slightly leaned forward and from the hips down is straight vertical. (How can I fix this?)