starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check - 2 months NLP - 5x97.5kg @ 102 kg

Default Squat form check - 2 months NLP - 5x97.5kg @ 102 kg

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Any and all comments on form welcome. I am 35 years old and have been doing NLP for 2 months. No injuries or pain so far.

Squat form check 25.03.2024 - 2 months NLP - 5x97.5kg @ 102 kg - YouTube

Stop throwing your crotch forward to start the movement.

These are high-bar squats with the bar in the low position. You are essentially, just sittin down, which is not what we want you to do. Your hips shooting back out of the bottom tells us that even with your long torso, you need to lean over more. Not a lot, but some.

I’m not convinced about the width of your grip; even from the side it looks too wide.

Give us a video filmed from the rear quarter per the sticky.

I am learning through the book and videos and don't have access to a Starting Strength coach in my country. My question is whether the form has some obvious problems or whether I am roughly on the right track.

If it helps at all here is the additional view from behind
    Squat form check (back view) - 2 months NLP - 5x97.5kg @ 102 kg - YouTube

Thank you. I will work on ridding myself of the crotch thrust, I don't know where that came from but its pervasive. I will lean more forward. I will record some sets as per the sticky

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Stop throwing your crotch forward to start the movement.

These are high-bar squats with the bar in the low position. You are essentially, just sittin down, which is not what we want you to do. Your hips shooting back out of the bottom tells us that even with your long torso, you need to lean over more. Not a lot, but some.

I’m not convinced about the width of your grip; even from the side it looks too wide.

Give us a video filmed from the rear quarter per the sticky.
    Here is a rear quarter video. I have tried to lean a bit more forward put is honestly hard to do at this point. I tried to remove the crotch thrust. Should I reset weights and train the correct form? Is this version dangerous with regard to injuries?

Squat form check 28.03.2024 - 2 months NLP - 5x100kg @ 102 kg - YouTube - YouTube

You're still crotch thrusting on the later reps. I'm not sure what that's about. Try giving a beat between bracing and descending.

These are a bit better on the "leaning over" front. You're still kind of leading with your heat out of the bottom: notice how your upper torso and hips kind of move relative to each other? You want your whole torso to be rigid: don't let your lower back move. The crotch thrusting might have something to do with this.

These aren't dangerous, and you don't need to rebuild these. Keep adding weight.

Quote Originally Posted by lifter89 View Post
    Here is a rear quarter video. I have tried to lean a bit more forward put is honestly hard to do at this point. I tried to remove the crotch thrust. Should I reset weights and train the correct form? Is this version dangerous with regard to injuries?

Squat form check 28.03.2024 - 2 months NLP - 5x100kg @ 102 kg - YouTube - YouTube
    Learn how to brace and do the valsalva properly. Hold your breath with your mouth open, then squeeze your abs. This before you even unrack the bar. And stand up completely before your descent. You are too loose in general. Stance probably needs to be wider so you can shove your knees out and bend over.

starting strength coach development program
    I have a guess as to why you're doing the crotch thrust. Are you thinking of tightening your abs when you brace? Like a crunch?

If so, try thinking of pushing your belly OUT and setting your lower back, instead. Ask me how I know...