starting strength gym

Thread: Uneven bench press advice thoughts

Default Uneven bench press advice thoughts

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey, I have had a tendency to bench and press uneven since my c7 nerve injurie in the series of brachial plexus nerves. Anywho Jen Thompson in video stated she does to and she does a grip adjustment.Fix Your Uneven Bench Press Lockout - YouTube. What do you guys think of this?. I have tried to lp back up from a smaller number using good form, but when it's time to do triples it goes back to the uneven benching.

What is the nature of your injury?

Moderate scaring of the c7 nerve fibers on the left side that run down the T spine. Can be seen on ultrasound and mri. I had 2 bad nerve injuries playing football at 16. Couldn't lift my arm for a few days after both injuries. After that my bench has always wanted to press uneven. My press doesn't do it near as bad. It has gotten little better, but always when I get very heavy it tends to favor the right side. Emg also shows action potenals are very slightly slower on that side. Which to me states why I want to bench like that.

How bad is it really? Is one side just moving a little slower? Or are you actually unable to keep the bar stable and miss reps?

Off about inch and slower. Have tryed resetting the LP process around 4 times. Only starts this when weights are around 90 precent of 1rm. So last 3 reps of the 5th set of 5. I can finish every set, it is just the form gets bad. Very close to how Jens is in the video. After my injurie at 16, I had scapula winging for 6 months. The fact I did a senior year of ball was soooo stupid. I was pretty strong in high school with a bench of 315 at 218 with bad form [uneven]. I started lifting young, my first program was the bill stars bigger faster stronger. Did the bare bones 1 lift a day for 4 years in high school. Then at 20 started the LP and advanced LP process which lasted around 1 year only because I never took squats in high school serious. Got both my shoulders surgeries which is non injurie above related. [Slap tears and bone spurs]. Came back ran the LP again for 3 months and had to go back to intermediate programing. Anywho would like to see if I should try this grip thing or maybe just be a overhead press guy.
    Stats as of now 248 in weight 70 inches
    Bench 5x5 280
    Squat 5x5 440
    Press 5x5 180
    Deadlift 1x5 545