starting strength gym

Thread: Press form check

Default Press form check

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I’ve never had my form checked on this lift. This is my volume day 3rd set at 63.75 kg. Intensity day will be 68.75 kg this week. Is it a problem my heels come off the ground a bit towards the end of the lift? Thanks.

https://youtu.be/JJE8jPlPcAw?feature=shared

How much bodyweight have you gained?

When I started lifting SS in October last year I was at 80kg and now I am up to 102kg. I know I still look skinny. My waist is 36-37” neck is 16.5”.

Your feet are actually moving around a lot in general over the course of your lift - toes and heels are coming up multiple times. This is a stability issue more than a matter of extending the ankles to drive the bar up.

Watch your video on screen (slowed down, if need be), and with a ruler or other straightedge vertical at the back of your heels. Watch what your shoulders are doing throughout the movement, and tell us what you see.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Donaldson View Post
    Your feet are actually moving around a lot in general over the course of your lift - toes and heels are coming up multiple times. This is a stability issue more than a matter of extending the ankles to drive the bar up.

Watch your video on screen (slowed down, if need be), and with a ruler or other straightedge vertical at the back of your heels. Watch what your shoulders are doing throughout the movement, and tell us what you see.
    OK, I see first off, my feet wobbling around a lot losing balance over mid-foot. Secondly, placing the straight edge on the clip, I see that my hip drive is pushing my shoulders back behind the straight line and then forward as I extend my arms into the lock out. First point seems wrong. I need to work on grounding myself and stop fidgeting around with my toes.