starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift Form Check

Default Deadlift Form Check

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    This is a response to a request for a form check in my General Programming post: How to switch to Intermediate Programming

In the video, I'm doing 152.5kg/336lb x 5, my latest increase. I don't know why, deadlift feels very weak for me. I'm doing heavy deadlifts once a week on Wednesday, and a lighter deadlift on Monday at 80%, and Chinups on Friday.

For context, my squat is at 167.5kg/369lb x 5, and I believe I am hitting depth.

I felt a lot of form breakdown with my back rounding for several reps, should I keep increasing, or stay at this weight and try fix my back flexion?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWtJHSfJY1A

There's nothing wrong with your back on these at all. Don't even contemplate a reset at this point.

These did look pretty hard. Hard enough that I am suspicious that you can squat this weight to depth. But maybe you can. Post a video of the squat. If that's the case, just push this deadlift up aggressively.

Missed that that was you in the squat videos. Yeah man just put pounds in these. They look hard but that doesn't really mean anything.