starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Squat: vertical back angle fixed?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbonustoday View Post
    I think I understand what you're referring to. I do have the tendency to break my knees in two separate motions. I think doing it that way somehow helps me keep my balance better with the bar on my back?

Do you think this is bad for the knees?
    I remember seeing your first squats and noticing some issues with setting the knees. It looks like you're just a bit uncertain about the when, where and 'how much' but I think you can smooth these out.

I like to think "hips and knees together" to start the descent. Take that for a spin and see if it helps. On the way up, it's "hip drive."

As you get comfortable keeping the load over the middle of your foot, these things will become more natural.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Since I've never seen it before, I don't know how to fix it. But I could figure it out with a few minutes on the platform with him.
    I know you would do that. It was more about what us mere mortals would do.

I suppose if you've never seen it before then the likelihood of me encountering it in the wild is pretty low.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Shenfield View Post
    I suppose if you've never seen it before then the likelihood of me encountering it in the wild is pretty low.
    I now predict you'll see it at least once within your first eight or so clients, Martin. Because Murphy is a mean SOB.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12