starting strength gym

Thread: Joe Brown Veteran, “Disabled vet” best medicine is the barbell

Default Joe Brown Veteran, “Disabled vet” best medicine is the barbell

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I want to share my experience. I joined the army at 19 and deployed to Afghanistan for a generally safe mission but came home with nerve damage, depression, ptsd lots of joint issues. My doctors quickly told me not to work and my career counselor at the VA told me all I could do is desk work in my condition. I’ve been pumped full of SSRI, pain shots, been to physical therapy probably a dozen times. Somewhere around 2016-2017 before my neck fusion I found starting strength and did it with mild success, I didn’t read the books or put much thought into it. Post op I was encouraged to lay off the lifting and didn’t come back for a few years. In this time I read the books, listen to the podcasts, stopped drinking stopped smoking and focused on a better diet. I am currently doing intermediate programming and at 6 2 255 I press 230x1 bench 355x2 dead 485x 3 and squat 505x1. I’m running at the end of a 4 day split. Pain is managed mental health is better than when I was on the VAs medicine, and in the process of addressing a test issue tested at 343, primary doc seemed not concerned but I am going to get a second opinion after retest this week. I’m 32 for reference. Hope someone reads this and finds use of my story.

Well done, Soldier - drive on. It might behoove you to contact Wittmer Rejuvenation Center to discuss your hormone levels.

Thanks! I’m hoping to reach out later this year I had my primary check my total test.. it was 343 and I’m hoping to resolve that when I choose to dedicate the time and money.