starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coaching at the SS seminar

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Tamara,

Great point...I always tell my finance students this when they complain about memorizing formulas--you cannot hope to analyze (or for that matter synthesize) unless you have the material already available in your brain.

Baresteel-- If you are thinking about attending an SSS, it would be the best decision you made in a long time. The quality and quantity of information presented is remarkable.

Tamara, I realize that my aspirations are a bit high. I am full of text book knowledge (I've read Rip's material and will re-read the books before the seminar), but my coaching experience is limited to a few friends and my parents. I can't expect to automatically have the competence of a practiced strength coach, but if I can manage to prove myself on the platform, I'm confident that I can pass the written exam.

@Nicholas Yes, I'm registered for the end of the month. At the least, I'll become a better lifter, but I'm aiming to take the test.

starting strength coach development program
    Baresteel,

Prior to the SSS, find your most spastic friends and get them to squat and clean with impeccable form. In the absence of friends, strongarm your mom into being your student. Practice correcting movements on the fly (I suggest squat and clean, because they're the trickiest lifts to coach).

You need to be able to spot abberations in the movements and offer corrections in an instant...not easy...and it's a more daunting challenge than analyzing video.

I HAVE been a strength coach and I have a solid understanding of the models of the lifts, yet at a recent SSS I occassionally found myself tongue-tied. Shit's different real-time with Rip hovering 5 feet from you.

Enjoy the SSS. It's an absolutely amazing experience (as lifter, coach, and nerd-at-large).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12