6/10 (H)
    BW=225

Squat - 295 x 5 x 3
    *easy in a general sense, need more work though I feel like a motor moron

Bench Press - 235 x 5 x 3
    * these felt good, techinique dialed in. easy weight

DL - 345 x 5
    *felt great. tghumbs need some adapting to hook grip again for 5's

notes: Well its been a while since I posted here. I ended up withdrawing from my meet in Feb due to poor planning and getting derailed with covid (again). I have been training, its been somewhat productive but I have been feeling the need to get back to the basics and focus on just getting stronger, again. My last run of 12 weeks of TM was great but that was about max for me, so going forward if I have a meet I probably need to make sure I dont exceed ~ 8 weeks of TM in order to play it safe. In the meantime I will do some HLM for development at a steady pace and re read the books! Staying consistent is my biggest battle

6/11
    conditioning
    BW = 225

incline treadmil / airdyne intervals : 30 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Cole Gorton View Post
    Staying consistent is my biggest battle
    That, right there, is the key. I knew it when I was lifting in my gym, but could also derail progress by not being consistent.

I don't have that excuse now, and everything is moving up nicely, even if I am doing a bit of program hopping under the watchful eye of an SSC.

Find that program that works and run it. If HLM isn't sustainable due to time constraints, consider the 4-Day Split. Shorter workouts, but it does require one more day of the week in the gym. So there's that tradeoff.

Keep at it, Cole!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Anders View Post
    That, right there, is the key. I knew it when I was lifting in my gym, but could also derail progress by not being consistent.

I don't have that excuse now, and everything is moving up nicely, even if I am doing a bit of program hopping under the watchful eye of an SSC.

Find that program that works and run it. If HLM isn't sustainable due to time constraints, consider the 4-Day Split. Shorter workouts, but it does require one more day of the week in the gym. So there's that tradeoff.

Keep at it, Cole!
    Good to hear everything is moving up nicely under the guidance of an SSC!

6/12 (L)

Pause Squat - 235 x 5 x 2
    *extremely light. working on breaking knees/hips at same time, setting the knees half way down, then just sittting back and down for depth, and driving staright up with hips all while having the master cue (bb over midfoot) in mind.

Press - 125 x 5 x 3
    *i miss these. dont know why i ever drop them from my training

Chins -5,5,5

GHR - 10,10,10

notes: Good, easy morning session working on techinque. Re-reading the blue book currently finished up the squat chapter, now on the press chapter. PLan is to re read all 3 books and hopefully stay with this programming rest of year. CO State Championships is usually in Feb so hopefully this time I can make it down to Denver for that. I was complaining to my wife about my hip flexors being sore and achy and she told me to stop being a pussy, that im over 40, and that shit is gonna hurt so just lift anyway. Cool.

6/13
    conditioning
    BW = 227

6/14
    medium day

Squat - 265 x 5 x 3
    *bend at hips/knees simaltaneously, drive up with quads and hips

Close Grip Bench - 215 x 5 x 3
    *easy

SLDL - 275 x 5 x 2
    *2 sets only. Min Effective Dose for now

notes: Good first week back on HLM. I like the way the stress is spread out on this type of programming. Light for sure to start, but I will gain momentum. Probably consuming around 3k cal per day and betwee 150-200g protein. Both of those will need to increase as the weights get into the upper 300's. Its just such a chore to prepare and eat up in the 4-5k cal per day.

6/16
    Heavy

Squat - 305 x 5 x 3
    *slow and controlled decent, making sure i get to depth and staying tight through the entire ROM

Bench Press - 240 x 5 x 3
    *making sure bb is directly over forearm bone by using a bulldog grip, one finger in from max competition grip width. (close grips on M day should complete the entire benfitis of this movement every week)

DL - 355 x 5
    *felt great, no back pain, kept the bar in a straight vertical path.

notes: Happy Fathers Day to all dads out there. I did this session one day early since tomorrow I anticpate a very busy work morning. I could have lifted in the afternoon but I hate doing that bc its so hot in the garage and I dont have as much energy later in the day, so I opted for a day early in order to be able to train in the morning while its cool and while im fresh. Time for some BBque and recovery!

6/17
    conditioning
    BW = 228

starting strength coach development program
    6/18
    light day

Pause Squat - 245 x 5 x 2

Press - 130 x 5 x 3

Chins and GHR

notes: easy day. work stress high and sleep was a little poor last night but body feels good.

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast