recovery day
    bw= 228
    waist= 40

squat
    275 x 5 x 2

bench
    235 x 5 x 3

notes
    skipped chins bc my left bicep tendon is flared up. hoping that giving it this week off plus next week (vacation) will help. squats and bench both felt a little sluggish, probably from a pretty high dose session on monday and also ive been sitting on my ass all morning. offloaded about 5-10% on bench to make it light day bench. will do that with press on light day as well going forward.
    Last edited by Cole Gorton; 10-02-2024 at 12:09 PM.

10/4
    intensity day

squat
    365 x 5
    went well. not as explosive as id like but full control on every rep and i didnt really have to grind even on the last rep.

press
    165 x 5
    well, if the video says anything, this should be more like a volume day weight. wayyyy easier than i anticipated. i think i have a lot of untapped room in the press since ive not done a lot of work there like the other movement. so when i hit a volume day 5x5 like i did on monday, the gainz are immediately evident the following friday on intensity day

DL
    405 x 5
    pecs cramping a bit but overall these moved fast and i was happy to see the 5th rep was somehow the fastest, or at least it looked that way on video. no problem with this load though and i should be able to keep adding 5 lbs for a while, lets hope

notes
    im heading out to florida with the family for a vacation on the beach so i wont be training for about 10 days. im not gonna take my protein or creatine either since i dont want to hassle with it so i may lose a few pounds. ill get right back to it when i get back, probably just repeat this weeks weights.

videos
    Squat - YouTube
    Press - YouTube
    DL - YouTube

starting strength coach development program
    well, i had planned on a nice week long vacation at the beach (literally our place was 10 steps from the sand) in Florida for the family. we flew out saturday from Denver to ft myers, got the rental and drove to casey key. all in all with the time change it was about 10-12 hours of travel. we had a nice day sunday at the beach and got a few ice cream cones, my 18 year old did some fishing, my little kids swam and played in the sand. then we turned around on monday morning, drove to miami and, flew to houston, then back home to denver. took about 12 hours. so we traveled 2 days to spend one day at the beach.

i really think it was the right call with the hurricane predicitions. not to mention we were zone A and they madatory evacuated all zone A along florida west coast so we planned on renting a hotel in orlando and coming back to the key after the storm, but everyone was predicting loss of power and clean water and possible destruction of structures. my wife was begging me to get everyone out of the state asap. i thought she was over reacting, but i went ahead and changed our tickets to be safe, since we have little kids to protect. the only airport that had any tickets left was miami. shortly after i bought the tickets, tampa and orlando announced they were closing their airports today. we got out in th nick of time but it sucked to spend thousands of dollars and 2 full days of travel to hang out for one day at the beach. fuck. at least we are safe. hoping the cane doesnt fuck florida too hard

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233