starting strength gym

Thread: Baker 4 Day TM Question

Default Baker 4 Day TM Question

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    To be honest, probably could squeeze a few more sessions out of LP, but the grind is real, and I have been getting a little sloppy with form, and more importantly, mentally I’m fried. I love LP and am amazed at what it has done for me. If for whatever reason I come across a lay-off, I look forward to getting back on this program. I have reset everything once, and my squat and DL is starting to feel heavier than it did the first time around. I think a change in program will help refresh everything. I plan on starting my intensity days where LP left off and adding 5lbs each week, as I said earlier, I havent exhausted the 3x5 yet, but it’s getting there.

6’ Male
    238 pounds up from 222. Tying to stay around current weight.
    39 yo

Squat
    Sets across 3x5
    Reset at 390, currently 370, starting TM intensity at 375

DL
    1x5 Reset at 410, currently at 400, starting TM intensity at 405

Bench
    3x5 reset at 237.5, currently at 250, starting TM intensity at 252.5

Press
    3x5 reset at 167.5, currently at 167.5, starting TM intensity at 170

I want to add some mass to my arms, but I don’t want to burn out. Would incorporating DIPS and CHINS only help? Or would it hurt more than it would help?

I tend to eat a lot, I get adequate or better sleep, but I am 39 and have felt a bit beat up on LP lately. But nothing bad, could be body just catching up. I also may drop Upper lifts down to 1.25 lb jumps as opposed to 2.5 lb currently. I purchased Andy’s TM program, and I will adjust the 5x5 numbers according to his information provided. A lot of good info in there for you guys looking into a new program. Short and sweet.

Day 1
    Bench intensity 2x3
    Press Volume 5x5
    Dips 4x8-10

Day 2
    Squat Intensity
    SLDL 5x5
    Chins 4x AMRAP, I cant do many

Day 3
    Press Intensity 2x3
    Bench Volume 5x5
    Dips 4x8-10

Day 4
    DL Intensity
    Squat Volume
    Chins 4xAMRAP

You’re already adding the chins and dips and changing the structure of your programming so probably for now just stick with those changes for a few weeks and see how it plays out and the. Start adding little accessories in if you want.

Sounds good. Thanks