starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Rogue Shoes

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I ordered a pair of the 2012 Rogue Do-Wins (from Rogue Canada) on Feb 27 so I should have had a review for you by now. Unfortunately, they have been having trouble at the border with UPS Mail Innovations, their new shipper, and I haven't received them yet. To Rogue's credit, they emailed me and refunded half the purchase price and explained the situation. Said they will ship me a pair direct from their Edmonton warehouse, so I expect them soon.

That said, I wear a size 11 shoe (in both Nikes and dress shoes) and have a normal-width foot. Based on some reviews I read of the shoes running large, I ordered a 10.5 in the Rogues. I will post my review once I get the shipment.

Thanks beaverbob. I'm dragging my feet on buying them for right now. I should probably invest in them sooner than later, though.

Quote Originally Posted by yorick View Post
    Thanks beaverbob. I'm dragging my feet on buying them for right now. I should probably invest in them sooner than later, though.
    Do it sooner from someone who wished he had. Had to do a couple of resets to get the form down correctly. It kept feeling like I was pitching forward so I had to rework some cues.

They're good for my wide feet. I typically run EE and there's plenty of width in the Rogue 2012 Do-Wins that I got about a month ago. I tried the Adistars and they were way too tight.

I think they take some time getting used to as well. I have been wearing Chucks previously and the increased sole height makes for a very different feel. After about 5 workouts I think I'm in the groove.

Just got one of the last pair of Rogue Do-Win, size 12, from Rogue Fitness. Actually they must have been the last pair because I don't see them on the site anymore. I have wide feet and the 12 fit great. I normally wear a size 12 and I went off the recommendation earlier in this thread. I cannot recommend enough getting a pair of lifting shoes as quickly as possible. I had my first workout with them on today and it's like the heavens parted and the light shone down. I've been on the fence about getting some for a long time and I wish my dumbass would have done it a lot sooner. People saying that you can get 10% or more on top of what you're lifting now aren't lying. I felt like I could jump with 225 today. Get them now.

Man, I actually started debating getting the Wei-Rui's from maxbarbell, and they are sold out in my size in every style of shoe.

Thanks for all the advice in this thread.

What do you if they don't fit? Send them back and then pay that shipping and shipping again for another pair?

Quote Originally Posted by FatButWeak View Post
    I purchased the cheaper WeiRui (Wei-Rui? Wei Rui?) maestros from maxbarbell.com. They cost about $65 for an all leather weightlifting shoe that I, two months on, really like. Use the search to find my complete review. Hint - buy em smaller.
    Just ordered some today. Will let everyone know how I like them after I get them and use them.

I picked them up as soon as they got them in stock. I have smaller feet and wear a 9.5 in dress shoes and New Balance. I ordered 9.5 in the Rogue Do-Wins and they felt too loose in the heel box so I sent them back and they shipped out 9's. They're customer service is golden. I received the new shoes 3 days after shipping the larger ones back.

I used to lift in Chucks. I can definitely tell the heel is there and the first few squat sessions felt like the weight kept drifting over my toes on the way up. It took a few weeks to adapt to that.

Well worth every penny. The reports of people's feet feeling glued to the floor relative to Chucks is no exaggeration. I only wish I would have bought them years ago.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by beaverbob View Post
    I ordered a pair of the 2012 Rogue Do-Wins (from Rogue Canada) on Feb 27 so I should have had a review for you by now. Unfortunately, they have been having trouble at the border with UPS Mail Innovations, their new shipper, and I haven't received them yet. To Rogue's credit, they emailed me and refunded half the purchase price and explained the situation. Said they will ship me a pair direct from their Edmonton warehouse, so I expect them soon.

That said, I wear a size 11 shoe (in both Nikes and dress shoes) and have a normal-width foot. Based on some reviews I read of the shoes running large, I ordered a 10.5 in the Rogues. I will post my review once I get the shipment.
    Finally got my Rogues today.

Ordering a half-size down was the right call, they fit great. The laces are a tad long, but I suspect that's partially because I like to lace my footwear tight. Not really a problem though, I just tuck the laces under the velcro straps. There feels like lot of extra room laterally for those with wider feet, and the toebox is huge. If you look at the shoe from the back you'll see that the toe is wider than the heel, giving it a daffy duck/badass bowling shoe vibe. The length of the shoe is perfect for my foot with a regular gym sock on, and the straps suck my foot back into the heel of the shoe, making them feel quite stable.

Overall fit and finish is good. No missed stitches, glue marks or visible imperfections.

This is also my first lifting shoe so I have nothing to compare it to, but there's nothing to indicate that these shoes will do anything but good things for my lifts.

I will post another update after a few days of use.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast