starting strength gym
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crossfit Fails

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by veryhrm View Post
    These videos are petty and dumb. Most of that stuff, other than the kipping, isn't wasn't even bad. And the kipping is a known issue.

If it was something like hopping on one leg backwards for 3 miles for time ok that would be a fail, but this stuff... meh.

Also, the guy posting the video (though apparently pretty strong in the HB squat ) seems to like to do capoeira in the fields. You'd think he'd be a bit more open minded about people doing silly looking things.

It's less about looking silly. It's more about doing potentially dangerous shit that serves no purpose.
    If you don't see the the sillyness and danger in it you are blind and/or ignorant.
    And wtf looks silly about capoeira???

I don't like watching women take such reckless disregard for their babies because they want to stay functional.

I remember when and why I quit cross fitting. It wasn't because I knew better- it was a workout that involved gravel shoveling and tire flipping.
    I realized I was the one who should be getting paid- and not paying them to teach me how to work a shovel.

Similarly I was on a walk in the woods with my wife and saw a group of people training with a Movement Naturelle (sp?) guy. That shit is even worse than crossfit- urbanites paying a coach to teach them how to walk across logs, pick up tree stumps and climb trees- at 200 buck a weekend. wtf.

Jsutt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JM3 View Post
    Similarly I was on a walk in the woods with my wife and saw a group of people training with a Movement Naturelle (sp?) guy. That shit is even worse than crossfit- urbanites paying a coach to teach them how to walk across logs, pick up tree stumps and climb trees- at 200 buck a weekend. wtf.
    Fuck I wish I hadn't looked that up. I can actually feel my brain cells giving up and dying reading that page :|

Quote Originally Posted by elVarouza View Post
    I only watched the first video, but most of them were not "fails" at all. Apparently the vid creators have never seen zercher squats, continental cleans, or heavy deadlifts. Sometimes you hitch a heavy deadlift...WOW HUGE CROSSFIT FAIL!!!
    Women and men who can't press within 60 lbs of their BW have no business attempting continental cleans, it's retarded and serves them no purpose at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal_k View Post
    Looks like a nerve was hit. Crossfit much?
    I have never done crossfit.

To me, it seems the author of the video thinks that doing a continental clean or a hitched deadlift is a "fail". This is silly.

The way they do it, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by elVarouza View Post
    I have never done crossfit.

To me, it seems the author of the video thinks that doing a continental clean or a hitched deadlift is a "fail". This is silly.
    You honestly cannot see any difference between a proper continental clean and what those people are doing? It has nothing to do with the exercises they are doing, it's the way they are performing them.

I can't watch the video, but I've seen most of the things before.

As for pregnant women working out; until very recently, most pregnant women went about their regular, physically demanding life without much issue. I wouldn't suggest learning MU while pregnant, but if she already has them, I don't see what the big deal is.

As for the bar tossing, as far as I know, it was a couple of people screwing around; a strength feat or stupid human trick as opposed to training. You should see the kind of shit we would do at the training hall when we got bored. There is huge difference between a strength and fitness feat and a training regimen.

starting strength coach development program
    Whoever brought clarence into this is a dumb shit. Clarence is an incredible gifted athlete, who is not only great at tumbling/tricking but has become an incredible weightlifter too. Watch out for him at Rio2016

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast