Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: JC's Log

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Monday 30th November

Squats 3 x 3 352
    Bench 5 x 3 297
    Row's 3 x 5 209

Squats - Warming up knee felt like 2 stones rubbing together was not pleasant. Seemed to ease off a little once some weight was on the bar, but did not do a lot for confidence. Anyhow work sets were ok good depth and not bad strength considering.

Bench - Though it might not seem like there is much rhyme or reason to the weights and reps I am doing. Believe it or not there is... sort of, and it seams to be working todays bench felt real good. There must be a PR in there somewhere just need to find it.

Row's - Decided not to deadlift and squat in the same workout whilst things are still creaking. So back to rows been a couple of weeks since I have done these just eased into them.

I have just found myself naturally fall into a more intermediate progression due to recovery issues. Just going to roll with it and see how it plans out.

Tuesday 1st December

Woke up with some real sore legs and stiff back, so did another active recovery session.

15mins light cv + Stretching + Core

Not really a workout fit to grace these boards, but I am feeling a lot fresher now, lets see how it pans out tomorrow.

JC

Sounds like you're really beating the shit out of yourself there buddy! I had sore as hell hips a few months ago. Along with that i was switching visa cards to a new number and couldn't pay my gym for a week, hence couldn't go. So what did I do. I took a week off. When I got back everything was lighter, my hips didn't hurt and I'd cleaned up my form. Go for walks, swim, whatever, eat and rest for a little bit. Only you know how you feel but in the long run it wont hurt. Just something to think about, good luck!

ZKP thanks for dropping in. Think you are right could do with a week off. I am not going to be able to train for much over xmas and Jan so am trying to try to keep it together through December (only have 7 workouts left). Hopefully I will be able to then have good rest through the new year.

Wednesday 18th November

Deadlift 3 x 1 495
    Hang clean into Shoulder Press (DB) 3 x 5 77
    Chins 3 x 5 +50

Deadlifts - Dropped the weight back down planning on waving back up over next 3 workouts up to new PR hopefully. These felt ok was hoping they would feel light but not so much. Looking back over my log this is still a lot more volume than what I have been doing for deads at this weight so should cause some sort of response.
    HCSP - Problem with using DB's can't micro load. These are killers not so much the weight for pressing but I do them single arm and as explosively as possible. It works out as a set of 10 reps all out and thats as much CV as I can handle!
    Chins - are chins

Todays other interesting news weighed in at 220 on the nose this morning! weighed myself after training and some food 225! Was seriously expecting 230ish especially as my bench is starting to feel stronger and these things are usually related. Have been eating a lot the last 2 weeks and purposefully not jumped on the scales. I am not really looking to put any weight on but I was surprised. Guess it is down to the slight change in my diet. Been eating a lot more meat and slightly less carbs. I get a lot from my breakfast and then mostly only from GOMAD through the day.

Friday 4th December

Out of nowhere...

Bench 3 x 308 PR
    Squat 1 x 374
    *cough* Curls

Bench - Well maybe it was not out of nowhere, bench has been feeling good for the last few sessions so decided to push it a bit was aiming for 2 reps but 2nd one flew up so went for a third. There is a new 1 rep max lurking in me somewhere, now just need to figure out best way to coax it out.

Squat - After the decent bench squats felt shit, surprisingly knees felt good but did not have my groove on. Built up to 374 but it just felt plain uncomfortable, decided to leave it there. It pains me to say it but I am starting to hate squats! and it is starting to show in my progress, I just don't think I can nail the technique and it is causing all kinds of problems. Need to give some attention to this!

Oh and there was the regular guns show for all the pigeons in the gym at the end. There is a good reason why I do them honest

f'ing nice bench PR. you'll be hitting 3 wheels for reps soon. stud!

Quote Originally Posted by misspelledgeoff View Post
    f'ing nice bench PR. you'll be hitting 3 wheels for reps soon. stud!
    Over our side of the world 308 is already 3 wheels. A slightly inferior 3 wheels but 3 wheels none the less. With this logic our stud category must be easier to get into than yours

315 or 308 that's still a studly lift. hopefully i'll get there one day!

starting strength coach development program
    What the fuck! I set a PR on Friday then go out and get drunk all weekend and consume very little calories and my workout will be shit on Tuesday how is that fair! Beer Gods why do you treat me such

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast