starting strength gym
Page 1009 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 95099099599991007100810091010101110191059110915092009 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,090 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm in a new gym now. It's very nice. Two Oly platforms with good but overly springy flooring, a great set of bumpers, very good bars (about 5 good Oly bars and, if I'm not mistaken, a competition powerlifting bar), and great facilities for the machine and cardio crowd. It's not without its flaws but it is the best gym I've been in so far. The only problem is that, aside from bench press, I'm the strongest guy in the place and I much prefer to be around a stronger crowd with some shit to teach me -- or else training alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Don't worry. The trainer's only pocketing about $40. But still.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Pfffft! More like 20 to 30.

Quote Originally Posted by djl236 View Post
    This is from the Scranton YMCA about two years ago. This is the same weight room John Kuc and Big Jim Williams used to train in. It's sad now.

And yes, he is pushing off the wall with his feet.
    It looks like he's training for the blowjob olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by Noema View Post
    I just threw up in my mouth a little.

My name is Bubba and I am a victim of squats and deadlifts

Hi, Bubba.

First time back in the gym last night. Planned to slowly work myself back into a routine.

Walked in and saw a guy about 115lbs and maybe 6' something in the only squat rack in the place doing wrist curls with a straight barbell. I asked how much longer he'd be and he stated he had three more sets, then a curl burn out...

I nodded and walked away.

I once saw a guy doing seated dumbell wrist curls on a bench... with the bench sitting on a platform. With also 3 more sets...

I've waited a long time to contribute something funny to this thread.

The other day I saw this older guy wearing a blue bike helmet, matching blue wrist and ankle weights on the leg press. He had damn near every plate loaded up, and if that wasn't funny enough, he actually put 4 or 5 plates on top of the machine, where they could easily fall off. He was there for my entire Volume Day, and he did maybe 5 sets of three presses with 2" ROM. Worse, he actually bothered several people to help him hold those plates on top while he did these ridiculous movements.

Two guys working on another leg press machine (yes, our gym has four leg press machines) ask him, "You got enough plates on there, big guy?" Mr. Blue Helmet responds, "Watch who you're talking to, you're looking at a strong guy here." I nearly fell over on my squats laughing.

But the best part? One of the gym trainers sees this catastrophe in the making, walks up to him, no doubt to rectify this situation, and says:

You're going to put all those plates away, right? All right then, sir, thank you.

Only at Golds.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by hrat View Post
    I once saw a guy doing seated dumbell wrist curls on a bench... with the bench sitting on a platform. With also 3 more sets...
    Sad thing upon that (I'm a fat ass here, so..) I saw three very large people doing standing dumbbell wrist curls.