starting strength gym
Page 2019 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 1019151919191969200920172018201920202021202920692119 ... LastLast
Results 20,181 to 20,190 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Since we're sharing Instagram:

Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob R View Post

Instagram
    That's not nearly high enough to be effective lol (if we're sharing the obvious)

But I agree with the comments. I like the outfit. Tasteful.

Quote Originally Posted by niz19 View Post

Yup, that's the one

the one on 23rd and park sucks. go to the one on 36th and madison. much much better and not too far away. it has bumpers, a platform, power rack that no one uses, and 1 squat rack.

Saw a trainer at my gym (who also competes in strongman events) teaching a family - 2 boys and a mum - how to deadlift. Very cool, I thought. I looked over halfway through their session and see one of the kids (maybe about 14 years old) deadlifting with a round back while the trainer watches. Maybe he said something to him after, i don't know, but that was surprising/disappointing considering it's a kid (so you'd be extra safe), and the trainer is a competitive lifter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob R View Post

Instagram
    Towel pullups done wrong.

But, as performed, it is quite the functional exercise. Imagine yourself trying to look into a window that is just a little bit taller than you are. Simply jump up and peek over.

I used to go to the NYSC on 14th St, they had a free weight area with barbells and squat racks. They shrunk it down, and used it for personal trainers, and I quit my membership after that.

I did deadlifts with horrible form there, and also high bar back squats. Probably walked it out of the rack the wrong way too.

Also went to the one on 62nd St and Broadway. Free weights in the basement, though I don't remember barbells there, I used the dumbells, and also went outside to run in Central Park. If I only knew then what I know now.

Tangentially related.

I found the Asian Dirty Red:

He's not completely un-funny. I'd give him a solid 7/10.

ETA: Here's a playlist

Gym Idiots - 9 Months Pregnant Crossfitter & Brad Castleberry Sprint PR - YouTube
    Last edited by Eric K; 05-02-2016 at 10:27 AM.

Guy came into the gym today wearing a T shirt with the "Looks like we have a badass over here" meme on the back and the associated picture on the front. He was actually somewhat big, especially in the arms (of course). He and his smaller buddy never touched anything bigger than a 20 lb dumbbell that I saw while I was there. But then I was preoccupied doing my 375 lb deadlift, not 10 feet away from them. I really wanted to say "Nothing says badass like a 20 pound dumbbell." But then, he was bigger and (much) younger than me. How does that work? Light weights, get big?

-RJP

starting strength coach development program
    A few weeks back:

Guy doing step ups (in the rack) with 225 on his back. If he slips, he's dead.

Today:

A guy and his girlfriend (?) doing swinging bent-over laterals with 20 or so per hand.