starting strength gym
Page 522 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 2242247251252052152252352453257262210221522 ... LastLast
Results 5,211 to 5,220 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    It's not gay if you high-5 afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by mglasgows View Post
    he informs me that he is using both the squat rack and the power rack.
    Reminds me of a guy in my gym who throws his jacket over the (only) flat bench in the gym while using the (only) incline. He also likes to put his water bottle on equipment he'll soon use as well. The guy is like a 150lb soaking wet ab fag who looks pretty gaunt as fuck and benches the same.

He hasn't got in my way yet but I can't wait for the time I get to throw it off and let him know its a piece of equipment and not a sun lounger.

I have literally only ever see this guy do bench press, incline, flyes and crunches - swear to god, the one time he did squat it was 50kg with 1/8 Rom.

/rant.

If I'm about to use a bench or rack, but want to get a drink first, I put my belt on the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Marotta View Post
    If I'm about to use a bench or rack, but want to get a drink first, I put my belt on the bar.
    When I want a new belt, I go to Marotta's gym and wait for him to go for a drink.

What kind of ghetto shit hole do you live in that you can't comfortably leave your belt out of eye shot for 30 seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by apw View Post
    3.) Darwin award: I see what looks like a skinny spotter FAILING to spot some guy's mediocre bench. I go over and ask if they need help. Spotter grunts no and racks the bar. They freely offer the detailed explanation that the bencher is doing "heavy negatives" because "TAYLOR LAUTNER DOES THEM" (for those of you that don't have sisters, this is the douchebag werewolf guy from twilight). They then explain that he is doing them at the spotter's "deadlift weight" (165, obviously) so that they can both work out simultaneously. I watched as they started another set. Funniest thing I've seen in a long time. Deadlifter/bencher unrack the bar together, bencher lowers it slowly while grunting, deadlifter grabs the bar (mixed grip), straddles the bencher's head, and FULLY TEABAGS HIM before he deadlifts it up and gives it back to the bencher. They repeat this for 4 reps. I ask, "what if your spotter/deadlifter can't lift a rep? What if he fails?" Blank stare. I guess a dude can only think so much having just done a set of grueling "heavy negatives" with sweaty nuts on his forehead.
    Please tell me he was repeating "That's all you!" as he was teabagging his buddy. Please?

Quote Originally Posted by Marotta View Post
    Oh yeah I haven't got a problem with that, but this is while he is currently doing something else so he has got some kinda cute little uninterrupted circuit going on.

Quote Originally Posted by John Taylor View Post
    Please tell me he was repeating "That's all you!" as he was teabagging his buddy. Please?
    There was a thread like this over on Sherdog for a while, and someone actually got some pics of a bench team like this. It was even worse though. The guy was doing 1/2 reps in a smith machine with 6 spotters. All the spotters were lifting pretty heavy, and he had a lot of weight on the bar (500-600 range, can't reacall the exact amount). He did it for reps too. WTF is up with that? After one rep where 6 spotters are pulling hard to get the weight off you, when does someone get the idea to do a few more reps?

Quote Originally Posted by apw View Post
    3.) Darwin award: I see what looks like a skinny spotter FAILING to spot some guy's mediocre bench. I go over and ask if they need help. Spotter grunts no and racks the bar. They freely offer the detailed explanation that the bencher is doing "heavy negatives" because "TAYLOR LAUTNER DOES THEM" (for those of you that don't have sisters, this is the douchebag werewolf guy from twilight). They then explain that he is doing them at the spotter's "deadlift weight" (165, obviously) so that they can both work out simultaneously. I watched as they started another set. Funniest thing I've seen in a long time. Deadlifter/bencher unrack the bar together, bencher lowers it slowly while grunting, deadlifter grabs the bar (mixed grip), straddles the bencher's head, and FULLY TEABAGS HIM before he deadlifts it up and gives it back to the bencher. They repeat this for 4 reps. I ask, "what if your spotter/deadlifter can't lift a rep? What if he fails?" Blank stare. I guess a dude can only think so much having just done a set of grueling "heavy negatives" with sweaty nuts on his forehead.
    Wow. Wow. I've heard jokes about bros doing "bench-rows" but this is the first time I've heard of someone actually trying this as a legitimate exercise for the spotter.

starting strength coach development program
    Guy loaded up 5 plates and did "squats" I watched carefully and I shit you not the bar moved no more than 8" up and down.

The pink brunette on the elliptical giving me fuck eyes evened it out into a good day, though.