starting strength gym
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Training For Life

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    OK, Mark. We need an update to the old dudes taxonomy. We have full geezers, old farts, geezers in waiting, pups, geezlings, etc. To avoid this turning into a mysterious masonic mystery, who qualifies for what? I know you've classified us before but with all of the new-old guys showing up lately we need some guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by bob g View Post
    Cheddar rules!

It's good to have you here, Mike. You'll enjoy the company, you'll also find the Campfire chats worth while.
    Thanks for the welcome and I will check in around the camp fire occassionally...looking forward to some good reads.

Quote Originally Posted by bob g View Post
    OK, Mark. We need an update to the old dudes taxonomy. We have full geezers, old farts, geezers in waiting, pups, geezlings, etc. To avoid this turning into a mysterious masonic mystery, who qualifies for what? I know you've classified us before but with all of the new-old guys showing up lately we need some guidance.
    I'll resurrect what I did in The Elderly and see how it plays now. Maybe we can sweet talk Stef into making it a sticky at the top of The Elderly. I kind of let that drop since I was the only qualified geezer at the time being over 60. I felt it was better to be more inclusive. There, I feel better now. Maybe I can get spooned later.

The latest installment in Campfire was done specially for your own perusal and hopefully amusement just to see if 40 years and about 500 miles has really changed college towns, cops, and veterans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    The latest installment in Campfire was done specially for your own perusal and hopefully amusement just to see if 40 years and about 500 miles has really changed college towns, cops, and veterans.
    I shall read it as soon as we return from dinner...pizza (high carb day !

Cycle 2 Week 1
    Squat
    171 x 5
    197 x 5
    224 x 14

Squat
    155 x 5 x 10

Rev Lunge (elevated)
    BW x 3 x 12

RDL
    95 x 3 x 8

Went on a ride with some fellows from the sheriff's department today to the west side of the state....got a little wet, had a good lunch (2/3lb burger and fries (high carb day) .....then did legs.

Cycle 2 Week 1
    Bench

175 x 5
    199 x 5
    225 x 7

Pull-Ups
    BW x 11,9,9,9

Single Arm D.B. Bench
    60 x 5 x 10

Band Pulls

Kroc Row
    90 x 2 x 15

Max repetitions on the third set are starting to drop as the weeks go by...last weeks bench day netted 221 x 9. The weight increased this week by 4lbs and I dropped 2 reps...I guess it just could have been an off day. It is way too early in this program to use the "stall" word but, I hope it does not happen for a while!

Cycle 2 Week 1
    Dead Lift

231 x 5
    266 x 5
    302 x 6 My lower back started to ache on the 5th rep so I figured I would not push my luck with too many extra reps

Stone Cleans (on to a 48" platform from the ground
    169 x 2 x 3
    205 x 3 x 2

Shrugs
    Bar x 8
    95 x 4
    135 x 4
    185 x 4
    225 x 4
    245 x 4
    265 x 2

Latreral D.B. Raise
    10 x 4 x 10

Lots of soft and hard roller work afterward with static stretching.

Psst. Hey Mike, we got a new fire dog who just started a log in the Starting Strength section. Since he's a captain he's probably trying to play Beat the Reaper along with the rest of us.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Psst. Hey Mike, we got a new fire dog who just started a log in the Starting Strength section. Since he's a captain he's probably trying to play Beat the Reaper along with the rest of us.
    "Beat the Reaper"...is that like trying to stay one step ahead of Father Time?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast