starting strength gym
Page 51 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Viking Strength....Let's hope

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    BW: didn't check

Squat: 260*5 beltless, 295*5 beltless, 330*8 rep PR! (RPE 9.0)
    Bench: 215*5 beltless, 240*5 beltless, 265*4 +1 old PR (RPE 9.5)

Accessory: 3 mins interset rests
    CG Paused Bench: 182.5*8,8,7 + rest pause x3
    Pendlay Rows: 195*10x3 sets
    BB Curls: 125*10 strict, 125*8 cheat (arms were fried from first set)

*Nice Squat all-time 8RM record with at least 1 left in the tank... possibly more but I fear my cardio isn't up to snuff and I was feeling winded by the 7th rep.
    *Bench I'm a little disappointed but not surprised as I'm nearing the end of my first run-through of 5/1 with it. Every other lift has been reset so far except for Bench so I know it's inevitable despite my desires to push through. I'm hoping to prolong this enough to attain a 300 lbs max attempt Bench before resetting.
    *My arms were fried from the 125*10 strict curls so I just did a set of cheat curls to finish them off... that fucking hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by MattimusMaximus View Post
    BW: didn't check
    Just think back to your last shower. . .
    1) Were you able to see, uh, 'yourself'?
    2) How much (if anything) did a 'mighty stomach' obscure some of this view?

Quote Originally Posted by Músculo-Tonto View Post
    Just think back to your last shower. . .
    1) Were you able to see, uh, 'yourself'?
    2) How much (if anything) did a 'mighty stomach' obscure some of this view?
    The mightiest of stomach could never obscure thyself! Haha!

I guess I'm in the clear for now... But I definitely want to lose some excess love at some point as I miss a time when I wasn't bloated looking.

Praetorian Guest

Yeah I suppose the "in lbs" was unnecessary haha, imagine being that strong though!

Thanks Mahendra! As you can see from this update vid below, everything is feeling super heavy so I've reset the deadlift, press, and squat now. Form on max attempts was suffering.

Nice lifts! I'm half Norwegian so hoping for the viking berserker (Berserker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) strength to kick in myself... Any day now...

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
    Nice lifts! I'm half Norwegian so hoping for the viking berserker (Berserker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) strength to kick in myself... Any day now...
    Haha thanks my Viking brother! I met an older Dane last year that told me to "wait and see when your Viking genetics turn on, then you'll see some crazy strength and shit!" Not too sure what he means by "genetics turn on" but I'm still waiting lol.

Berserker Engage! BW = 222.2 lbs (PM weigh-in)

Light Beltless Squats: 240*10x2 sets (3 mins interset rest)

Press: 135*5 beltless, 150*5 beltless, 165*5 New 5RM PR! (RPE 9.0), 165*2 singles
    Deadlift: 305*5 beltless, 345*5 beltless, 385*5 (RPE 9.5), 385*1 beltless

Accessory: 3 mins interset rest
    Chins: BW*11,8,8
    LTE: 112.5*9,6 (arms toast from Press volume)

*Not a bad sesh but nothing special either. Beat my previous 5RM press PR by 5lbs tonight and managed an extra rep on the deadlifts compared to last 5/1 run through with a little more left in the tank, perhaps 1 rep.
    *performed some singles after the lifts because "I do what I want" and wanted more volume than just 5 reps on the last set.
    *Shitty day full of dental and doctor appointments and the dental hygienist made me bleed so much she said I had a high pain tolerance... Berserker!
    *I'm sad I finished all the episodes of Spartacus... now onto season 2 of Marco Polo!

Praetorian Guest

Congrats on the press PR, those are hard to come by!

We should work on a Berserker brand pre-workout. The starting point would be about a gram of caffeine plus that stuff that got Jesse Norris popped at USAPL nationals.

Congrats on the press PR, those are hard to come by!

We should work on a Berserker brand pre-workout. The starting point would be about a gram of caffeine plus that stuff that got Jesse Norris popped at USAPL nationals.
    Thanks man, the press can be a fickle bitch!

I'm half Norwegian as well so we could call the pre-workout "Norwegian Cocaine: Berserker Formula", or maybe just "Berserker Booze". Comes with animal skin to wear at the gym when the effects kick in! Haha

Praetorian Guest

Thanks man, the press can be a fickle bitch!

I'm half Norwegian as well so we could call the pre-workout "Norwegian Cocaine: Berserker Formula", or maybe just "Berserker Booze". Comes with animal skin to wear at the gym when the effects kick in! Haha
    I own a ridiculous viking helmet. I'm gonna wear it when hit a 500 pound deadlift!

starting strength coach development program
    I own a ridiculous viking helmet. I'm gonna wear it when hit a 500 pound deadlift!
    You must do this!

Page 51 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast