starting strength gym

Thread: 15F Medial Meniscus Tear

Question 15F Medial Meniscus Tear

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    My daughter is 15 years old, 5'4", 119 lbs, competitive figure skater. She is not a lifter. Twisted left knee on the ice 6 weeks ago, pain subsided, returned to competition. 1.5 weeks ago noticed swelling and some pain. MRI reveals tear to the posterior medial meniscus root. No other cartilage or ligament damage. Reason cited for swelling and pain is bone on bone contact due to the meniscus not being in place. Recommendation is orthoscopic repair to the root. Rehab consists of straight leg brace, 6 weeks no weight bearing at all, 8 weeks on crutches, physical therapy. 5 - 6 months until she can return to competition. Physician states 90 - 95% successful surgery rate with no further complications and return to 100% capability; poor outcomes are usually due to getting off crutches too early.

She has a competition this weekend, physician strongly recommends against competing.

I'd appreciate any opinions on the surgery idea and the timeline to get back on the ice. Assuming surgery is needed, would appreciate other opinions on rehab plan.

Thank You

In this case, I concur with the guy. I'm sure that will make him happy.