starting strength gym

Thread: squat form check please

Default squat form check please

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    295 lb x 3 x 5 - this is first set. got 5 also on second set. only got 1 on 3rd set. this was my first failure so far since resetting after a l4-l5 back herniation injury back in december. at 165 lbs - bw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlGL055Zu30

thank you

You're losing hip drive because of your eye gaze upward/forward. Your losing your vertical bar path to your ingenious double safety chain devices, which are tightening on the bar at the bottom and altering your form.

so lose the chains and look down, correct. i didn't notice hitting the chains until i just now looked at the video. for some reason it feels strange that no matter how i mentally prepare to look at a spot 10 feet on the floor in front of me, when i see the videos i'm always looking forward or up.

Your weight is still forward, your knees are caving in, and you have no hip drive.

what do i need to do?. start from scratch? please help. the last thing i want to do is hurt myself. i'm a firefighter hitting 39 next month and just like being as strong and in shape as i can with what having enough time for with family and work, blah, blah. i've been doing squats and overhead presses on 1 day, deads and bench on day 2, overhead squat and cleans on 3rd day, weighted dips and thick bar curls on 4th day. b/c of schedule (24 on and 48 off) i don't workout everyday but the majority of days i'm off. i'd say i'm hitting everything at least once every 7 to 10 days and have been making good progress. form probably really needs lots of help on everything. sorry to throw all this at you. here is my workout log. start looking at log from the end, maybe on page 3, 4, or 5 for past few months since injury. i know you'll say to eat more. i know.

http://www.rosstraining.com/forum/vi...hp?f=5&t=41477

Find one our coaches from the list in Resources, or come to a seminar.

thanks. am i that far off?

No, but if you can't get it corrected by yourself, help is the next logical step.

starting strength coach development program
    Get the DVD if you haven't. It really helped me improve my form.