starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rip article: "Functional Training -- Diversity Is NOT Our Strength

Default Rip article: "Functional Training -- Diversity Is NOT Our Strength

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024

Just an opinion: Even if S&C coaches got the memo that getting their athletes strong enough to squat four, five, or six plates would be better for their performance, anabolics and other PEDs would be just as rampant because more strength isn't a bad thing.

Where the F* do you always find those hilarious pictures...
    They almost take the need to read what you wrote away all by themselves

Quote Originally Posted by I_iz_a_fatass View Post
    Just an opinion: Even if S&C coaches got the memo that getting their athletes strong enough to squat four, five, or six plates would be better for their performance, anabolics and other PEDs would be just as rampant because more strength isn't a bad thing.
    True, but under the current paradigm they are far more necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    True, but under the current paradigm they are far more necessary.
    I wonder how many people doing a legit NLP get accused of using steroids. It's happened to me twice, and one guy said I was a "fudging liar" because I had some acne on my shoulders (I'm not perfect... this happens to people).

20170531_hurdle.jpg

This picture confuses me so much. What the hell is going on here?

Quote Originally Posted by bluecheese View Post
    20170531_hurdle.jpg

One-legged bunny-hops while holding a broomstick in a squat grip. It's like you don't even want to be functional.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Steele View Post
    One-legged bunny-hops while holding a broomstick in a squat grip. It's like you don't even want to be functional.
    Worse. I've been out through this before. He's trying to touch the floor on the other side with one foot and then bring it back without touching the hurdle or losing balance.

20170531_hurdle.jpg

That, my good friends, is one of the many wonderful screening movements available to you when you decide to step up your coaching game and get Functional Movement Screen certified. For a limited time only, you'll receive a kit complete with all the specialized equipment necessary to begin the lucrative screening service others have employed to determine movement fitness, training readiness, movement pattern deficiencies, asymmetries, muscle imbalances, quad dominance, scapular sequencing issues, rotary instability, coplanar diagnostic facilitations, palliative sacral trailing, torque management insufficiencies, and now, with the upgraded kit that includes the 4' section of PVC pipe for only $64.99, we can accurately and repeatably demonstrate your inability to squat with your arms over your head. Specifically in this picture however, we see the "hurdle stepover" test which accurately and repeatably demonstrates your incompetence at the hurdle stepover. With your failure at this in hand, we are able to make a strong case for our specialized collection of corrective exercises (available separately for $239.99) which will relieve your trainees of the unpleasant spectre of possibly having to squat or deadlift as well as relieving you as the coach of having to learn how to coach a squat or deadlift. You can immediately see the benefits here.

starting strength coach development program
    20170531_hurdle.jpg

I'm pretty sure what is happening is they look where a point on his knee is relation to the horizontal measuring tools/scale . . . while standing/normal stance.

Then, he stands on one leg, the point on the knee will shift (inwards) . . . too much shift is bad. . . .shows instability and weakness, etc.

THEN after 12 sessions of corrective exercises with a PT at $125/ea they fix you all up.

Have seen similar assessments at my globo gym with laser pens strapped to a 65 year olds man knee.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast