starting strength gym
Page 3007 of 3069 FirstFirst ... 200725072907295729973005300630073008300930173057 ... LastLast
Results 30,061 to 30,070 of 30684

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Man, nothing is ever good enough for you people. It's always the fault of someone else, and if it wasn't ze Jews... it would be someone else. It's not that people aren't doing terrible things, but rather they always have. Human nature has always allowed for treachery and evil.

When are you going to stop pissing yourselves, accept it, and get on about living your life in such a way where you thrive regardless? Or at least just aren't annoyingly angry about it all the time?
    I've been thinking a lot about this lately. Primarily, because as I read things and learn the shit people get up to I'm constantly finding myself thinking "oh, well, before that things were more above board". Like, I knew that most modern wars were less about the safety of the American homeland and more about stuff (oil, power) and money. But the more I read about WWII the more I think that shit wasn't necessary at all. Which makes my little brain gears turn and wonder like really- how far back does this shit go? Did we ever have a chance? Or was it all just 'you have the freedom you can get if you can survive far away from the centers of civilization.' Like really, how far back? How much of what we think we know about the Civil War was bullshit? How about the founding of the country? We just have to spend our lives constantly answering to people who aren't worth a damn because they are so threatened by those of us that are they make laws to limit what we can do? In general, I try to live outside the shit so I don't much worry about it. I don't cling to their little cotton shreds they call "money". I don't really care what's illegal or legal because I can make or grow what I like. But it pisses me the fuck off quite often in spite of my best intentions. It pisses me off that they want a piece of what I get for reasons that don't make a bit of sense. Then it pisses me off when they tell me I can't defend myself. I didn't like in fifth grade when Shane Burns needed his ass kicked and I don't like it now. It pisses me off that they smile those shit-eating grins at us and tell us we're racists and criminals when we act like normal people are supposed to act. Like George said, we're running out of places to run.

I'm altering my long term plan. I probably won't take over the family farm. My cousin needs it anyway, so that's handy. I'll eventually sell this property that's been in my family for 60 years and go west because life in any city is quickly becoming untenable. I can't get old here. That pisses me off. I'm going to have to cede ground that belongs to me because I'm outnumbered by idiots and pussies whose lives will be in danger when they push me to the breaking point and I am a decent person. It's a hard position. It's hard to be calm and steady and not react. It's hard to let people shove me about because they don't realize shoving me about is a dangerous prospect. It's hard to be in the right and still lose and I think we all struggle with that. We struggle with when to react more intensely. I struggle with am I able to remain a decent person or is that an illusion granted me by luck and circumstances.

Should we make a list of some of the "crazy conspiracy theories" that turned out to be true over the past few years?

Covid-19 didn't come out of a wet market.
    The Covid vaccine is not safe and is not effective.
    Anthony Fauci is being paid by pharma companies.
    Mail-in balloting is not secure.
    Inflation is not transitory.
    Trump didn't collude with Russia.
    The FBI censored content on Twitter.
    Hunter Biden's laptop is evidence of conspiratorial corruption.
    Illegal aliens do receive taxpayer funded welfare benefits.
    Illegal aliens vote Democrat.
    George Floyd died from a Fentanyl overdose.
    The BLM riots were not "mostly peaceful protests".
    Ukraine is not kicking Russia's ass.
    Transsexual ideology is being taught to young children in government funded school programs.
    Demographic replacement is real.

No, the current state of affairs is not fucking good enough and no I will not stop being angry about it.
    Just two more weeks....
    It's just a mask....
    Just take the vaccine...
    Just let your free speech rights be infringed a little...
    Just let us restrict gun rights for your safety...
    No, fuck you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    I've been thinking a lot about this lately. Primarily, because as I read things and learn the shit people get up to I'm constantly finding myself thinking "oh, well, before that things were more above board". Like, I knew that most modern wars were less about the safety of the American homeland and more about stuff (oil, power) and money. But the more I read about WWII the more I think that shit wasn't necessary at all. Which makes my little brain gears turn and wonder like really- how far back does this shit go? Did we ever have a chance? Or was it all just 'you have the freedom you can get if you can survive far away from the centers of civilization.' Like really, how far back? How much of what we think we know about the Civil War was bullshit? How about the founding of the country? We just have to spend our lives constantly answering to people who aren't worth a damn because they are so threatened by those of us that are they make laws to limit what we can do? In general, I try to live outside the shit so I don't much worry about it. I don't cling to their little cotton shreds they call "money". I don't really care what's illegal or legal because I can make or grow what I like. But it pisses me the fuck off quite often in spite of my best intentions. It pisses me off that they want a piece of what I get for reasons that don't make a bit of sense. Then it pisses me off when they tell me I can't defend myself. I didn't like in fifth grade when Shane Burns needed his ass kicked and I don't like it now. It pisses me off that they smile those shit-eating grins at us and tell us we're racists and criminals when we act like normal people are supposed to act. Like George said, we're running out of places to run.

I'm altering my long term plan. I probably won't take over the family farm. My cousin needs it anyway, so that's handy. I'll eventually sell this property that's been in my family for 60 years and go west because life in any city is quickly becoming untenable. I can't get old here. That pisses me off. I'm going to have to cede ground that belongs to me because I'm outnumbered by idiots and pussies whose lives will be in danger when they push me to the breaking point and I am a decent person. It's a hard position. It's hard to be calm and steady and not react. It's hard to let people shove me about because they don't realize shoving me about is a dangerous prospect. It's hard to be in the right and still lose and I think we all struggle with that. We struggle with when to react more intensely. I struggle with am I able to remain a decent person or is that an illusion granted me by luck and circumstances.
    Post of the Week, Jenni. That's what makes this such a good forum. Contact Bre for your shirt.

I get it. I felt the same. I went back as far as I could, and all I saw was history repeated. That's when I decided I wasn't worth it to hang onto being mad. May as well spent all day cursing and spitting at the sun for being too hot.

And I am by no means saying lay there and take it. Hardly. What I am saying is live every day out aligned with what you believe in. Don't compromise on it at all. Be calm, but be resolute.

----------------------------------------------

There's one more thing I forgot to mention, and after rereading Jenni's post wanted to add it:

There's never been anywhere left to run, and everything and everywhere can be taken away except one:

Who you are. Heart, mind and soul.

I'm not angry because I refuse to be. I won't cede the one thing that is always mine to them. I won't lose myself to the insanity and evil. I won't let them keep me from enjoying how beautiful a sunset is, how it makes me feel when my children laugh, or even the satisfaction of a hot cup of coffee on a cool morning before work.

I'm grateful for what I do have, and I intend to grow things, build things and do some good. Rest in faith on what I have no control over. Share my blessings with the people in my life, and fulfill my purpose and the duties I have toward others.

There's one more thing I forgot to mention, and after rereading Jenni's post wanted to add it:

There's never been anywhere left to run, and everything and everywhere can be taken away except one:

Who you are. Heart, mind and soul.
    They can run but they'll just die tired. Some things are worth fighting for. Immigrants need to stay home and fix their countries and we need to do the same. Someone else isn't going to do it.

A fitting epitaph for the decline of America and civilisation.

The side that wants to win will always beat the side that just wants to be left alone.

"It pisses me off that they want a piece of what I get for reasons that don't make a bit of sense. " It makes perfect sense if you think about it.

Your headstone will read "I just wanted to be left alone" but no-one will read it because marxists will drape a trans pride flag over it before tearing it down.

I find this post very depressing, like someone you looked up too, now in the twilight of their life realising the sum total of their life was meaningless and quietly preparing to remove all evidence that they ever existed at all.

This isn't so much directed at you personally Jenni, but all Libertarians with that mindset.

This happens/ed because you wanted to wrest power in your hands, and be in charge of your own life. But then proceed to sit there and do nothing with it.

That strategy was tested when Homo Sapiens and the Neanderthals met, and the answer was given.

No Man(wo) is an island.

I hope the shirt is nice.

New COVID-19 vaccine guidance for cancer patients | Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center - Buffalo, NY

The narrative hasn't changed ... ***shakes head sadly***

I'm almost done with my time under their care. Fortunately no one on my care team has pushed me to get the shot since the early days of the panic.

God help the people who succumb to the "voice of authority".

Regarding Covid;

I don‘t know if the following gets any coverage at all in some sort of news in the USA, or even outside of Germany in the EU.

But as there was quite a demand by the public, the german health minister (who, by the way, is highly unpopular by almost everyone here, especially by medical staff and pharmacists in special) ordered the Robert Koch Institute (German governments central scientific institution in the field of biomedicine) to publish papers regarding Covid, Germanys way to handle it, and so on. Main reason, I guess, was to show the public, that all the weirdos with their „masks don‘t work“, „school lockdowns did more harm than good“ were wrong.
    Well,…. they published some papers, which were in many parts blackened. Thanks to this stroke of genius, they created an even higher grade of mistrust. As a result of this, the health minister ordered to publish the papers completely readable.

All in all,… the official understanding as well as the portrayal in the mainstream media is,…. „Nothing groundbreaking, nothing really new, blablabla“.

But the papers show clearly, that there was quite early an understanding, lockdowns, inproper use of FFP2-masks, and especially school-lockdowns would do more harm than good. And it also shows, that the media reported, what a bunch of people wanted to be reported. That what once was called Journalism became a dictated narrative.

I'm not angry because I refuse to be. I won't cede the one thing that is always mine to them. I won't lose myself to the insanity and evil. I won't let them keep me from enjoying how beautiful a sunset is, how it makes me feel when my children laugh, or even the satisfaction of a hot cup of coffee on a cool morning before work.

I'm grateful for what I do have, and I intend to grow things, build things and do some good. Rest in faith on what I have no control over. Share my blessings with the people in my life, and fulfill my purpose and the duties I have toward others.
    I wanted to comment on the "anger" framing. I'm not really aiming this directly at you, David, but I have observed how this framing has been such an integral part of the enemy's propaganda over the years, and I wanted to address it. I know you have some personal reasons for emphasizing this that seem to be legitimate, and I'm not trying to argue with them. But what you are referring to, in my view, is "impotent rage", and yes, that is indeed a destructive waste of energy. We might say anger is to impotent rage as love is to obsession. Spiraling in any emotion is counter productive.

Rather than anger, I think complacency is the much bigger problem. We definitely need more angry people. Way more. If there are ten complacent people for every one justifiably angry person, getting yourself ten times more angry won't really do anything to help the situation. I think this is what you've discovered. But convincing the other nine that they should be angry can certainly be a positive thing, as long as the anger is justified.

The media has pounded the "Angry White Male" trope into the American psyche for many decades. We've all been conditioned to some extent to see our own anger at these problems as the problem. But that is a trap, and it was an essential part of their subversive propaganda because they know their subjects' anger is very dangerous to them. I clearly remember being conscious of it as a teenager in the 90s. "ANGRY WHITE MALE! ANGRY WHITE MALE!" was extremely popular with the media back in the day. But it doesn't add up because when I look around, all I see is white men who are not nearly angry enough. It's essentially a pacification spell, and I think it worked very well.

They often cleverly attack the enemy where they want him to defend. Since anger is dangerous to them, they heap accusations of anger on their enemy, then sit back and watch the enemy trip over itself to prove its tranquility and docility. But anger is essential because without it people would never resist exploitation and abuse, and they are very aware of this.

In short: Anger is healthy and good, when justified. Just don't spiral.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Rather than anger, I think complacency is the much bigger problem. We definitely need more angry people. Way more. If there are ten complacent people for every one justifiably angry person, getting yourself ten times more angry won't really do anything to help the situation. I think this is what you've discovered. But convincing the other nine that they should be angry can certainly be a positive thing, as long as the anger is justified.
    See: Boys in the Girls' Division