starting strength gym

Thread: Novice LP pattern

Default Novice LP pattern

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Have you noticed a common PR numbers when people end a novice LP. I am aware that people have different base lines of strength so the question isn't black and white. So for a average 25 year old standing vertical of 22 inches what have you noticed tends to be their ending LP numbers.

This is obviously a stupid question. Think of something else to talk about.

Awww. I know there is an answer, but a reason it is not given. My bet is because people will stop doing the novice program early and not milk the full effect of being a novice. In short it is stupid and it doesn't matter. Do the program till you can squat heavy 3 to 2 times a week. Yay or nay

Here is the answer:

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin727 View Post
    I am aware that people have different base lines of strength so the question isn't black and white.

Yeah of course. I was just wondering if you noticed a pattern in young men. Like a guy who is a freak my LP to a 455 bench while a bellow average may only get to 225. I belive most people can LP to a 300 bench, 405 squat and 500 deadlift. While only having to use workout B as a light day.

The Outcome or The Process? | Mark Rippetoe

Why do I write this shit if you won't read it?

Yes I understand that I was just asking a rough estimate. Anyone who thinks that, oh 250 means you are a intermediate doesn't get the process. I just wonder if you ever noticed a common theme of PRs in the average young male? A reference range I guess. I guess maybe the numbers used in the grey books for the programs would be good examples. Yet they are not absolutes to be took in stone. I guess that's why the question is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin727 View Post
    Yeah of course. I was just wondering if you noticed a pattern in young men. Like a guy who is a freak my LP to a 455 bench while a bellow average may only get to 225. I belive most people can LP to a 300 bench, 405 squat and 500 deadlift. While only having to use workout B as a light day.
    Just get as strong as you can, man, who cares about the numbers. Do the program right and get stronger until the tradeoff or your genetic potential makes it impossible for you to keep getting stronger, based on your goals. That'll take a few years of consistent properly programmed training and recovery.
    Are you asking if you are "strong enough"?

starting strength coach development program
    Yeah I just came back from a lay off from being sick and busy and it's been a whole month. I'm going run the LP till I can't recover and progess, then I'll go back to HLM or Texas.