starting strength gym

Thread: Macros after finishing dieting

Default Macros after finishing dieting

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Hey Jordan, I'm finishing up my last weak of leaning out and I needed some help with the macros portion. I seem to easily gain weight and have twice now gained weight too fast in order to "recover" from lifting. Right now I'm finishing up something like PSMF where my carbs are really low through out the week and I have one or two days where I carb up.

My weight is down to 188lbs from 200lbs
    Height is 5'11 and I'm 23
    High Bar Squat: 275 for 5
    Bench: 255 for 5 singles
    Press: 165lbs for a triple
    Deadlift: 415 for a double

My goal is to slowly gain weight through out the whole year and to get some respectable numbers in the lifts. I'm going to do a bastardized version of Texas Method with 1 to 2 days of HIIT (one on light day and one the day after intensity).

My question is what would you put my macros at to slowly bulk up? And when I get off of PSMF should I have a refeed phase or just go back to eating normally?

Thanks man I really appreciate the help

I don't think you should have a refeed phase or go back to eating normally. Both would result in stuff that you don't want. I think you should do 1 day of HIIT a week and add small amounts of carbs and fats to the equation each week after PSMF.

Okay thanks man I won't do the carb phase period and will adjust slowly. Since I have never really focused on macros (besides brotein) how does this look.

Protein: 220g
    Carbs: 150g
    Fat: 80g
    Total cals: 2200k (seems low)

I usually eat veggies with my meals. Now as far as adding macros I'm guessing based on your other recommendations here, I should add 10g of carbs every other week based on performance.

That's a fine place to start. Add carbs and fat every week to every other week, and do a high carb day 1x a week at first.