starting strength gym

Thread: Continue GOMAD or...?

Default Continue GOMAD or...?

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    28/m/6'4" here.
    I started SSLP+GOMAD in mid March, when I was 71.5kg. 2 months later, mid May, I was 84kg. My lifts have continued going up since then, but my weight remained the same.

Overall, my squat went up from 60kg -> 142.5kg (125kg now after reset), bench went 50kg -> 70kg, OHP 25kg -> 48.5kg, deadlift 70kg -> 147.5kg.

My lifts still seem to be going up linearly, but I'm concerned that I am now getting somewhat of a belly. According to this calculator, my bodyfat is around 16.5% now.

Should I continue aggressively putting on weight with GOMAD + increasing how much I eat with my normal meals? Or should I reduce my milk drinking, buy some protein powder and start drinking protein shakes? Or better to bring my body fat down to ~12% and then start aggressively bulking again?

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Spirin View Post
    28/m/6'4" here.
    I started SSLP+GOMAD in mid March, when I was 71.5kg. 2 months later, mid May, I was 84kg. My lifts have continued going up since then, but my weight remained the same.

Overall, my squat went up from 60kg -> 142.5kg (125kg now after reset), bench went 50kg -> 70kg, OHP 25kg -> 48.5kg, deadlift 70kg -> 147.5kg.

My lifts still seem to be going up linearly, but I'm concerned that I am now getting somewhat of a belly. According to this calculator, my bodyfat is around 16.5% now.

Should I continue aggressively putting on weight with GOMAD + increasing how much I eat with my normal meals? Or should I reduce my milk drinking, buy some protein powder and start drinking protein shakes? Or better to bring my body fat down to ~12% and then start aggressively bulking again?
    If you are still hitting prs then I say roll with your current weight. Why is your deadlift next to your squat?